What else besides Popcorn?

Options
So far I eat Smart Pop kettle corn to satisfy a need to move my hand to my mouth repeatedly. It makes me feel like I have really eaten a lot. But, I am afraid I will turn myself on it. Any other ideas for labor intensive low calorie snacks would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I used to love pop corn for that reason - lots of with low calorie. I have not had it in several months lol My fave snacks that are filling to me - not necessary keeping my hands busy all though eaten slow..it does work...Ostrim Snack sticks (60 cals) got them on drugstore.com - with 50 calorie cheese stick and Ritz mini crackers (100 cals)
    Also Townhouse reduced fat crackers (60 cal for 6 crackers and they are good sz crackers) I have 2 servings with a tbls or 2 (cal depending) of whipped peanut butter (140 cals for 2 tbls) Have also used PB2 instead

Goldfish you could do - depending on flavor you get like 54 pieces per serving
    Low fat cheese (cut into pieces) with pickles and cottage cheese
    carrots & low cal dressing
    Special K chip crisps ( I only like the BBQ and even those I am not crazy about but they do lol)

:)
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Honey Nut Cheerios.

But I do love Smart Pop, that is a standard at my house.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oatmeal Breakfast bars tend to work my jaw so much that by the end of them I don't want to eat anymore lol
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I like pickles but they are high in sodium., special k chips (you get a lot of them), celery with salsa, and my new fav is an herbal tea.. and gum and lots of water of course. sometimes I try so hard to get my water down I cant fit in extra junk unless its snack or meal time.

oh yeah and fiber bars from either fiber one or kelloggs. I cut them in tiny pieces and put it on a plate so I can pretend its like eating tiny candy pieces. they are pretty good and filling too. but make sure you drink lots of water with them.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn but you are correct. You could get tired of the same snack if you eat it too much. Besides the snacks already listed, how about some no or low salt pretzel nibblers or bites?
  • Pia_rita123
    Pia_rita123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum, it keep me busy chewing for a long period of time with almost negligible calories..
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    carrots, cucumber, any cut up veggies really low cal and crunchy
  • jollyquilter
    jollyquilter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I make kale chips and also sweet potato chips with cinnamon.
  • jamesisaac108
    Options
    Vegetable chips!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    We bought some rice cakes a few weeks back that are chocolate and Carmel corn and I think Carmel apple and they are sooooooo good! Had to make my husband take them out of the house. But i think a package was 100 calories and I also got some white cheddar that are great.
  • DontEatTheCake3
    Options
    Special K chips!
  • BSJS94
    BSJS94 Posts: 5
    Options
    i'm trying to avoid carbs... it's harder than i thought.. i keep atkins bars (rare occassion), veggies cut up, canned tuna, boiled eggs, nonprocessed cheese, salad fixings, fresh spinach with sliced straberries, a few walnuts, top with raspberry vingerette dressing... i'm not sure if salad is on the "atkins plan" but i figure it's better than a bag of chips or a sleeve of crackers..
    :bigsmile:

41112859.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter