muscle shakes

Options
So I started aireal yoga( aka aerial yoga/anti gravity yoga) three weeks ago and prior to this id literally done no stretching in my life, I find that when I do a lot of the intense stretching positions I get very bad muscle shaking, is the muscle shaking a good sign that im pushing myself or is it a sign im pushing them TOO far??

Replies

• bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm not a trainer or doctor. Just speaking from personal experience...

You're doing fine. This is just your muscles getting used to being pushed in a different manner. The shakes will decrease as strength and experience increase.

As an example, I still shake a bit during the last sets of standing calf raises on smith press. I do these with a weight higher than my max squat weight though, because my calves are able to perform repeated lifts with more weight than I can get back up from a squat. Combination of fatigue and heavy weight...
  • CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When muscles shake it means they are cold and scared. Try talking to them in a nice soothing voice and give them a cup of hot coca. All joking aside, it means you are not very strong in that range of motion so the risk of them failing is high so be careful.
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    When muscles shake it means they are cold and scared. Try talking to them in a nice soothing voice and give them a cup of hot coca. All joking aside, it means you are not very strong in that range of motion so the risk of them failing is high so be careful.
    haha thanks for that, never knew how little strength I had until started yoga