Cake batter protein shake

Options
lbowman37
lbowman37 Posts: 10 Member
Ingredients:

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3-5 drops almond extract or butter extract
1 tablespoon sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix OR 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-5 Stevia packets (or sweetener of choice)
1/2 - 1 cup water
5-10 ice cubes

Put everything into blender and blend adding as much water and ice until your desired, creamy consistency is reached.

187 Calories

Replies

• mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This sounds pretty good! Thanks for sharing!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. I bought some vanilla protein powder that I don't like unless I really doctor it up. Does the Stevia give it any kind of odd flavor or aftertaste? I bought some to use in my morning coffee, but it tasted so bad I've been afraid to try it in anything else. And I still have like a whole box.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    mmm, i think im going to make this for dessert tonight and add sprinkles!
  • lbowman37
    Options
    I didn't notice a bad aftertaste or anything from the Stevia, I used 4 packs and thought it tasted great!

Also, I use Pro Grade Vanilla Graham Cracker protein powder. Delish! :)
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've started noticing more recipes including the jello powder. I'll look into them because there's so many flavors.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I've started noticing more recipes including the jello powder. I'll look into them because there's so many flavors.

They are delicious! I make a Shamrock Shake with the same recipe except instead of vanilla pudding I use pistachio and instead of almond/butter extract I use peppermint. A little green food dye and BAM! So good.
  • MikesGirl0692
    Options
    I have the protein shakes made with cottage cheese often. I'm not sure if we're allowed to mention websites (?) She has some delicious shake recipes...strawberry cheesecake is my favorite. I'll post it if I hear it's okay to do. ;)
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the protein shakes made with cottage cheese often. I'm not sure if we're allowed to mention websites (?) She has some delicious shake recipes...strawberry cheesecake is my favorite. I'll post it if I hear it's okay to do. ;)

Yes you can post websites
  • lbowman37
    Options
    I am so incredibly excited to hear this because I am in love with the shamrock shakes! This will be my lunch today! :)

Thank you!!!
  • SonyaD313
    Options
    Thanks