Supplements?

Options
Just curious if other MFP members take supplements, e.g., CLA, whey/casein, fish oil, BCAA, vitamins, fat burners, etc. If so, which ones? Particular likes? Dislikes?

Replies

• stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil, multi vitamins and love green supplements. My body is really energized by things with power greens like wheat grass and chlorella. I take some whey protein powder to boost protein for the day too. Interested in what others do too!
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    These are a few supplements I've added to my diet -- some I take regularly, others not so much:

Pre-workout: MuscleTech NanoVapor - love this stuff! I started drinking this every time I go to the gym. I definitely notice a difference in performance.

Post-workout: Protein bars or Whey Protein (mostly MuscleMilk). I am getting to be less of a fan of MuscleMilk (might just be tired of it) but I just ordered a few new protein powders so we'll see if I like those. I made brownies with chocolate MuscleMilk light and they turned out amazing! Also BCAA post-workout.

Green Magma: I started drinking this on a friend's recommendation. It's supposed to be a bunch of superfoods in powder form that you mix with water or juice. I put it in green smoothies sometimes. Doesn't have much of a taste.

Things I don't take (but maybe should):
    Multi-vitamin: I have them, but never remember to take them... but I do get most of my vitamins from the food I eat.

Fish Oil: Again, something I have but only remember to take once a week at best... although I put Chia seeds in smoothies and they are high in Omega 3s.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i try to stay with the basics, and some are carry-overs from my marathon training:

Multi-vitamin and Vitamin D3 everyday

Pre-Workout - Beta Alanine and BCAAs

Post-Workout - protein shakes (soy)

*preparing to introduce Creatine to my pre-and post-, hoping to see good results.