Anyone with 100lbs give or take to lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• brooklynandme
    brooklynandme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's realistic but I would definitely like to lose about 100-110 lbs. This is my first time actually committing myself to myfitnesspal and the goals that I want to achieve, so anyone and everyone please add me! I could use any support and am more than willing to give it. :)
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    More friends woohoo!
  • gnomeboogie
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds. I just got started. Anybody can add me!
  • Kaliemp
    Kaliemp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose about 120 but 100 is probably more realistic for my body type. Almost 40 down and a ways to go, but WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Feel free to add me as a MFP friend! :)
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi! My original goal was 90 and I am almost halfway there! Id love to add people with similar journeys!!
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 pounds so far, and have 84 more to loose to get back to my lowest adult weight.
  • caitology
    caitology Posts: 50
    Options
    I went from 290 to 225 a year and a half ago and gained 25 of it back. Lost a bit before I started tracking but I'm down to 237 now (was 245 when I started tracking 3/3) and hope to eventually get down to about 150.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I started out with about 130 to lose.... I don't weigh in again until April 1st. But as of March 1st I was down 35 pounds.
  • NancyMarie13
    Options
    (=
  • 5LilMonkeys
    Options
    ME!! lol My goal is 160ish...
  • tammcclure
    Options
    Yep. I'm new here, started out at 387 pounds 21 months ago. Hit my first "mini goal" this week at 299 pounds. I joined here to help me narrow my diet down more so I can continue losing, the last few months have been very slow compared to 4 months ago. So I am watching what I eat much more closely starting this week. I have psoriatic arthritis so I couldn't start exercising much until now since I got those 80+ pounds off. Now I've still got around 150 to go. So I am adding 30 minute walks to my routine, may have to work my way up to that but I'm just taking it a day at a time. Getting those first 88 pounds off was amazing. I don't have to shop online at a plus size store, I can actually find things on the racks in stores. Granted it's size 28 but it has been YEARS since I've been a size 28.

If you are trying to lose 100 pounds my advice is just to keep at it. DO NOT set your calorie goals too low. I started out at 2300 calories and over time reduced that down gradually. Don't go on a fad diet. I still eat some breads because I need the fiber. If you cut out too many carbs you lose the fiber in them and then can end up with high Cholesterol (like I did at first) because fiber is what cleanses your blood of the bad cholesterol. Allow yourself an occasional splurge, just don't overdo it. Something like a 1/2 cup of low fat ice cream or frozen yogurt can make you not feel deprived, just count it in your calories for the day. Sometimes I'll do a salad at lunch and dinner to allow myself a treat like low fat ice cream or some chocolate. If you deprive yourself too much you'll end up caving in to cravings. So I don't allow myself to.That's the best advice I can give as I continue on this journey to lose a total of 238 pounds!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    originally I had 112lbs to lose ...19 pounds loss ....Feel free to add me :smile:
  • PawPrints89
    PawPrints89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started a facebook page, "My Fitness Pal 100+" . I originally tried to start one for the state I live in, but I realized this is a much better support group! I want to lose 140lbs! Feel free to add me or check out the facebook page!
  • NancyMarie13
    Options
    You all are so inspiring! Such great advice
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    been there, done that.

this is how:
    Here's some info that might help:

1. don't trust the initial setup that MFP provides. If you put in the wrong/inaccurate information, it'll tell you to eat an amount that may not be applicable.
    2. Make sure you eat enough.
    3. Figure out what works for you and is sustainable/healthy/long term.
    4. avoid fads. don't buy in to any "Hey, try the twinkie and vodka diet"
    5. Don't cut out anything now that you don't plan on literally giving up forever.
    6. GET A FOOD SCALE. Weigh everything. No, seriously.
    7. Get an HRM with a chest strap. You'll at least have a better idea of what you're burning. It'll be more accurate than the generic info in the exercise database.. and even more than the cardio machines. This is great for steady state cardio (run/walk/etc)
    8. Don't go balls out. You'll burn out. I see 300 lb people show up here, instantly start working out and cutting their intake SEVERELY... trying to cut out all of their carbs at once.. whatever. Take it slow. Figure out how much you need to eat FIRST in order to lose.. then incorporate exercise.
    9. Don't cardio yourself to death.
    10. Take the information on the forums with a grain of salt. A lot of people that have been here for a while.. and have been successful, may seem jaded. They give out GREAT advice day after day, only to be met with people that refuse to listen.
    11. Eat real food. Not diet food. Not "low fat, sugar free, now without X." It's easier to get/find/count.
    12. don't set time restrictions.
    13. measure yourself weekly. Don't just weigh. Measure and take pictures.
    14 BE PATIENT.
    15. Avoid forum topics that have "1200" in the title. It's just full of butthurt. Lots of it.
    16. If you ask a question on the forum, give as much information as you can ("yes, I have a food scale and weigh my food" is worlds better than "I eat a palm full of miscellaneous boiled chicken parts..sometimes.")
    17. Be honest with yourself and honest with us.
    18. This isn't a game, it's about changing your lifestyle. Do that.

pretty much that.

...and don't fall into the "1200 calorie" vertigo of suck because of:

the typical MFP users does this:
    1. I wanna lose weight, let's try MFP.
    2. OH! Wow, it tells me I can lose 2 lbs a WEEK? AWESOME!
    3. I just sit at a desk when I'm not working out, I guess I'm sedentary.
    4. MFP tells them 1200 calories, and they don't even eat that.. then they work out on top of it.. creating an even bigger deficit.
    5. Lose a lot, fast, brag about 1200 calorie success.
    6. Come back in a few months trying to figure out why they're dizzy, tired, not losing weight.
    7. Get on the forums, ask why they aren't losing.
    8. Get two responses (I eat 1200 and lose) (I eat 2200 and lose)
    9. Argument ensues about who is right.

Now. That being said. These threads happen hundreds of times per day. Most times, and I mean really.. seriously.. 95% of the time.. people get the 1200 number because they don't put the right information in when they set up the account. There are a great number of people that are trying to help. I'm one of 'em.

I'm a hardcore advocate of actually finding out what works for the individual.. by means of other calculators, averages, time, practice, and patience.

Blanket prescriptions of 1200 calories "because it worked for me" is more harmful to the generic new user than the "figure out what you need to eat." Unfortunately, one is a LOT easier to type.

Find out what you need: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

and make sure to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! Feel free to add me! I started with a goal of 120. I've lost 78!!! I log something everyday...workouts and most times meal!!!
  • Torigirl63
    Options
    I want to lose 100 + give or take...I am frustrated though not eating much different than I usually do and I only consumed 755 calories today. It really sucks because a lot of people assume if you are overweight it is because you over eat. I still have 700+ calories left for the day and it is almost 11 pm. I am at a loss as to what I am suppose to do. Anyone else experience that?
  • hikiwix
    hikiwix Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi all! Feel free to add me too. Have about 90 pounds left to lose!
  • theonyxhotel143x
    Options
    Hi all! I've lost about 40 but have just over 100 left to lose. I've been doing low carb and that is how I lost the first bit. I just started a new exercise regimen last week and am really enjoying it (Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred). Before I would just walk/hike.
  • slikorify
    slikorify Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Feel free to add me, i started with about 100lbs to lose and got about 58 to go now. I log every day and keep my diary open to friends :)