Has anyone gotten to the end?

Options
I know it may not be likely that there would be anyone using this forum who has actually been really fat (I mean at 40+ % BMI) and now is not, but I am asking anyway.

Has anyone gotten to their goal weight from a BIG loss (say 40-50kg)? What is it like at the end? Is it everything you thought being slim and healthy would be like?

At this stage when I have only lost about 6 kg, it is really hard to imagine being at a "normal" person weight, when I still have 40 kg to go. Will I be glad to wear the clothes I have always wanted to? Will I be different? Will it be really great?

(I realise it is a stupid question, but I feel like I am actually able to lose the weight for the first time ever. Before it has always been a "one day" thing. I am scared.

Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Go the message boards to the forum section titled "succes stories" You will find LOTS of before and after pictures of many people to have gotten to the end. They are very inspiring!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    ive lost 25 using weight watchers before starting here at 171.8lbs now im down another 21lbs and working on more 12 or so to go...but the highest that i know my bmi has been is 32.1%....so between ww and here ive lost a total of 46lbs in the last two yrs
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I wasn't that big but have lost 50-54 lbs depending on the day:) It is everything I thought it would be. It is great to be able to exercise and enjoy it, to be able to do things that weren't so easy being overweight and I love shopping for clothes now and don't mind trying them on. Most of all my hubby and kids are proud of me and my daughter tells me all the time that I'm "HOT". Never thought I'd hear that again! And we can share clothes!!! It's still a battle to not gain and I've only been at my goal weight since about last February but pray that I never gain it back.

It has definitely been worth the work. I'm more healthy now than I have been for many years and my blood work looks a TON better. Keep going! You can do it!
  • MFR1974
    Options
    I'm not there yet...but I've lost 74lbs and am closing in on my goal. Please know that you can do this. Make a commitment to yourself and better health. For me the big change has been figuring out how to get 5 workouts into my weekly routine. Slowly but surely I've made changes in what I eat and how much I eat. I've also been working on going deeper in my faith. This has to be a mind, body, and soul change. Take each day at a time..and if that's too overwhelming...start with one meal at a time. I like to plan tomorrows meals a day ahead so there's no chance for error. I just have to follow the plan I set for myself. If I can do this..you can too! Good luck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    There are many people who have lost over 40kg here! You can do it.

You didn't put on the weight overnight, so it will take a few months to take off, but it's totally do-able and you will be very glad once you get there.

Find a group to join here- look through the motivation and support category and find a group that you like or that has something to offer (100 pounds to lose, some sort of challenge, etc.) Then just get to know those people in the group, go back to the thread and read frequently, post some thoughts, etc. It helps.
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    You guys are so great you have made me cry!
    I have never in my life felt so involved in something as I do with everyone here.