Negative Calorie Foods

Options
Negative calorie foods are foods, which use more calories to digest than the calories food actually contains! Calories from these foods are much harder for the body to use. In other words, the body has to work hard in order to extract calories from these foods. Even though a food may contain equal amount of calories, much less of these calories can possibly turn into fat in negative calorie foods as fewer calories are actually available to the body. This gives these foods a tremendous natural fat-burning advantage.

These foods will have maximum benefits when eaten without any empty calorie foods (junk foods). There are several foods such as vegetables and fruits that have negative calorie effect. Some of the foods that can be eaten in generous quantities are: Asparagus, Beets, Carrot, Zucchini, Papaya, Strawberry, Raspberry, etc. Look at the list below.

Negative Calorie Vegetables
Asparagus
Beet Root
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery Chicory
Hot Chili
Cucumber
Garden cress
Garlic
Green Beans
Lettuce
Onion
Radish
Spinach
Turnip
Zucchini

Negative Calorie Fruits
Apple
Blueberries
Cantaloupe
Cranberry
Grapefruit Honeydew
Lemon/Lime
Mango
Orange
Papaya
Peach Pineapple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Tomato
Tangerine
Turnip
Watermelon
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• KPuttonen
    Options
    Negative calorie foods are foods, which use more calories to digest than the calories food actually contains! Calories from these foods are much harder for the body to use. In other words, the body has to work hard in order to extract calories from these foods. Even though a food may contain equal amount of calories, much less of these calories can possibly turn into fat in negative calorie foods as fewer calories are actually available to the body. This gives these foods a tremendous natural fat-burning advantage.

These foods will have maximum benefits when eaten without any empty calorie foods (junk foods). There are several foods such as vegetables and fruits that have negative calorie effect. Some of the foods that can be eaten in generous quantities are: Asparagus, Beets, Carrot, Zucchini, Papaya, Strawberry, Raspberry, etc. Look at the list below.

Negative Calorie Vegetables
    Asparagus
    Beet Root
    Broccoli
    Cabbage
    Carrot
    Cauliflower
    Celery Chicory
    Hot Chili
    Cucumber
    Garden cress
    Garlic
    Green Beans
    Lettuce
    Onion
    Radish
    Spinach
    Turnip
    Zucchini

Negative Calorie Fruits
    Apple
    Blueberries
    Cantaloupe
    Cranberry
    Grapefruit Honeydew
    Lemon/Lime
    Mango
    Orange
    Papaya
    Peach Pineapple
    Raspberry
    Strawberry
    Tomato
    Tangerine
    Turnip
    Watermelon
    :flowerforyou:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did not know that a turnip was a fruit...

I plan to use this list to supplement my foods. THANKYOU!!!!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Thanks for the list. I even like some of the foods listed:tongue:
  • chubbymexicanswife
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I've had lots of mango this week so that's good to know!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! LOVE that! I need more info like that. And I am so glad to see that a lot of that stuff is already in my diet. Love it, love it, love it! I only wish I could get my DH to eat some of this stuff. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw him eat anything from that list (seriously). :noway:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    this is great, and yes, "technically cucumbers and peppers are fruits too". any food that is a "container of seeds" is a fruit. Any food that was a root, leaf, or actual seed is technically a vegetable ...kinda neat!
  • MoMG
    MoMG Posts: 11
    Options
    great information, thank you