Anyone on the new weight watcher's

Options
I love weight watchers, there is a new plan and its not based on calories,anyone tried it yet and if so how do u like it.Fruit are zero points now too wow.

Replies

• Jeezer
    Options
    I did weight watchers last year and it is a good program; but this process is better, as far as I am concerend.

Weight watchers is all about you watching everthing you eat each day and keeping track.

:flowerforyou: Well that is what is taking place with MFP and guess what it is free; and quite frankly gives you more precise information as you go through your day.

Jeezer
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36 of my 51 pounds with WW and I am now doing the new WW plan. I have to say I don't completely feel comfortable with the new plan. "Free" fruit and veggies is a slippery slope for me. But I have been trying it. I keep hearing that it is working for others. I allow myself 4 servings of free fruit a day and all the free veggies I want. I'm allowed 29 points but I am having a hard time eating them all. It has only been a week, so I think I will adjust in time. What this has done is make me eat more fruits and veggies. I think that is definitely a positive.

I did start at MFP in order to switch over to counting calories. I really don't think I want to count points for the rest of my life, I hope to make lifetime, but I'm not sure I will before my money runs out.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had lost 20 pounds on the old WW. However, I prefer this method (calorie counting). It seems more realistic for the long term. However, I also say-they have been around forever, and millions have lost with them-so they have to know something! I am sure this has been researched and is a great plan. (I like the idea of a free plan better)
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you imput, I appreciate it.
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just started weight watchers yesterday but I'm also tracking my calories on this site just to compare the two. I love the simplicity of ww but I also want to make sure that I can do this in the long run.
  • lucielu2
    Options
    I agree i like mfp tool it really helps
  • lucielu2
    Options
    i agree free is better
  • Anna19911
    Options
    I LOVE weight watchers. I seriously i'm really thankful that my mom showed it to me. I'm full all day long and i've never been full while dieting. I've lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks. And I'm so happy! I have a long road to go to my goal weight and i think WW is definitly the key to get there.

I also am using this site to keep track of the calories and compare. So far, so good! :)
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The new propoints is almost the same as slimming world 'syns' which in the track record of friends doing it (i dont like counting things as points) seems to be going pretty well for them.
  • ygerman
    Options
    I'm thinking about joining weight watches. My girlfriend tried it for three months and lost some weight. She's always encouraging me to lose weight now that we are getting older. I need to control my eating habits. I find myself eating too much junk food. I need to exercise some self control. I need a program to help me. I also need to go back to exercising. Any suggestions?
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I really like WW. It gave me guidelines and helped me learn portion control. And I really need the weekly weigh-in so that I am accountable so I go to meetings. The only thing I don't like is the cost. I will probably have to quit going after the first of the year due to low funds. Unless I make lifetime.

I've been on WW since July this year. I've lost 38 of my 54 pounds with WW. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a program. I started using MFP so that I could count calories since I do not want to be counting points the rest of my life.

Exercise is always a good thing! I have been walking for exercise. I haven't been able to motivate myself to do anything else consistently.

There is a lot of good info on this site. You've come to the right place!

My 2 cents.
  • lucielu2
    Options
    Well this site is a huge step for weight lost, i encourage ww it really work. and excercice , u dont need expensive machine u can go for walks, anything