Polar FT7 battery life

Options
my mum recently gave me her ft7 because she never used it. i put in new batteries at the beginning of this week and ive used it three times for workouts, and now it has low battery! does anyone else have this experience? am i using the wrong battery or something? ): i really love the idea of using a HRM but this is so frustrating and i can't afford another

Replies

• kjwillie
    kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have an F7 HR Monitor and the battery life lasted me over least six months without having to change it. I used it an average of five days a week and even wore it while swimming and the battery life was fantastic.
    But now that the battery is dead, I've been at a loss for where to get a new one. The place that I got it doesn't seem to carry them. Do you mind telling me where you got batteries?? I would be extremely grateful! Thanks!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would find the Polar site online and buy one from them.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    They use watch batteries; you can get them in the jewelry section of any store like Wal-Mart. Either take the battery with you or just write down the numbers on it to get a new one.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this topic, my battery runs out so fast too. It seems like I only get around 7 workouts per battery set (chest strap and wrist), it's getting a bit expensive.
  • blackmax78
    blackmax78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    *As a watchmaker for 10 years*. I would troubleshoot like this:
    Try a new battery.
    Make sure the contacts are clean.
    Make sure it is dry inside.
    Seat the gasket in the back correctly to ensure a leak free seal.
    If all else fails take it to a watch professional, or contact me for my website and address.
  • kjwillie
    kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    They use watch batteries; you can get them in the jewelry section of any store like Wal-Mart. Either take the battery with you or just write down the numbers on it to get a new one.

Thank you! I will try that.