Exercise ball

Options
I workout everyday with an exercise ball but it is not listed on tthe exercise data thingy:laugh::laugh: , does anyone know what it is called on here?

Replies

• llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you are doing on or with the excercize ball, like ab crunches, lunges, squats, lifts etc.....
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    stability ball or medicine ball?
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    It's also called a Stability or Balance Ball. Unless you're doing cardio with it it doesn't really apply. For example; if you are using it to do a chest press it would basically be the same as using a bench for the press. So I would just count the actual exercise as the ball has nothing to do with the exercise.

If you are using the ball for cardio I would use a HRM and add it to your own exercise list. If you do not have a HRM I would guesstimate using Aerobics as the excercise.

Hope that helps!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    stability ball or medicine ball?

A medicine ball is a small to medium weighted ball. :smile:
  • becky2time
    Options
    I use it to do pushup, I lay on my stomach and hold my legs out behind me and do pushups with the ball. But they aren't as hard as real pushups...hmmm
  • really_really_fat
    Options
    That's a really good idea. Pushups are impossible for me. Does it really help a lot?
  • becky2time
    Options
    it is a little hard to keep your balance at first, but they are really easy. When you wake up the next day you'll feel sore under your arms! I just work out the soreness with some more pushups!