is anyone else scared to weigh their self

Options
BriTyler3
BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
I've been changing my eating habits for almost a month now, I eat about 1500 calories or less a day & go walking/interval training 6x a week for about an hour or a lol longer, but I'm so scared to weigh myself and be disappointed . Has anyone else felt like this?:frown:

Replies

• struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am like that some days but even if i have put on i will look at what i have changed or eaten extra and cut it out, if you don't get on those scales how do you know if what you have done is working
  • Carolfp
    Carolfp Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Every weeks the same for me :(
    I tend to get afraid because if I put on a kg while I'm trying my hardest I lose all motivation and pig out because i get sad. lol

BUT
    when i do lose weight i get super mega motivated (like at the moment)

so it's double edge sword for me :(
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at the exact same weight (right down to the decimals) for three months now. Weighing in weekly has become a dreaded chore rather than an exciting "let's see what I accomplished this week" moment. If there is a drop it's pretty shocking for sure!
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Indeed, I am scale shy! I try to stay motivated by non scale victories like looser fitting clothes and smaller waist measurements. As a matter of fact, I have relegated my scale to to the under side of my bed where the monsters live..
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I spent years avoiding the scale, so why should it suddenly be my friend? I don't like weighing myself, but I think it helps me focus and keep on track. It's all part of being honest with yourself, just like tracking every bit of food. Keep the goal in mind, not just the number that pops up. You will get there. No one gets fat overnight, so losing the fat should not be an overnight success either.
  • arganusai
    arganusai Posts: 17
    Options
    I certainly don't like to weigh myself, but often I can tell as my clothes are fitting better, or just loose, so this gives me a kick to actually find out if I've actually lost weight or imagining it.

It is such a boost when you've even just lost a pound. At least it is going in the right direction!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Stepping on a scale doesn't change your weight. Learn to roll with the fluctuations. They are part of normal life.
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Every weeks the same for me :(
    I tend to get afraid because if I put on a kg while I'm trying my hardest I lose all motivation and pig out because i get sad. lol

BUT
    when i do lose weight i get super mega motivated (like at the moment)

so it's double edge sword for me :(

Same!!
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Grab a clothing measuring tape next time you are at the store. Start measuring yourself instead of weighing. Neck, Chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves, bicep, forearm. You will likely start seeing these numbers improve before you start seeing the scale move. Once you see the numbers on your measurements you will ultimately start to feel better and more able to handle the weigh ins.
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    I am too! Terrified....BUT that's why I took measurements and "before" pictures too, because I know that the scale doesn't tell the whole story. Or even part of it! Body composition is a much better indicator.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I used to get really sad when I would weigh myself and see that the scale hasn't budged. But no more. I've learned to rely more on inches lost. I still weigh myself every day and if the scale went up oh well. I keep doing my thing. And over time, the numbers do go down, on average
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Aunt Flo is scheduled to stop by today. So yes, I am scared to weigh myself this week. (Today is my normal weigh day)
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I avoided the scale for 20 years and now need to lose 80+ pounds. I'm trying very, very hard to make stepping on the scale a habit, rather than something to be avoided.

I started "watching what I ate" last fall and did lose a bit of weight. But when I learned about and started using MFP and especially when I began to weigh foods and drink water daily, I started losing consistently. Now I'm excited to get on the scale. It is moving south.
  • MaekaGaming
    MaekaGaming Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah I weigh myself every Friday but I'm not really scared to see, more like eager I guess. I think what I'm usually scared of is letting others know my weight. Whenever my husband asks how much I lost I'm always hesitant to respond cause to him he can lose like 20 pounds in a blink of an eye but as a female my metabolism is a lot slower and it's harder so I try to beat around the bush haha.
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    Indeed, I am scale shy! I try to stay motivated by non scale victories like looser fitting clothes and smaller waist measurements. As a matter of fact, I have relegated my scale to to the under side of my bed where the monsters live..

Lol!! That is funny yet smart
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    Yeah I weigh myself every Friday but I'm not really scared to see, more like eager I guess. I think what I'm usually scared of is letting others know my weight. Whenever my husband asks how much I lost I'm always hesitant to respond cause to him he can lose like 20 pounds in a blink of an eye but as a female my metabolism is a lot slower and it's harder so I try to beat around the bush haha.

Yes men tend to lose weight super quick, nothin to be ashamed of though we'll be there soon!
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    I avoided the scale for 20 years and now need to lose 80+ pounds. I'm trying very, very hard to make stepping on the scale a habit, rather than something to be avoided.

I started "watching what I ate" last fall and did lose a bit of weight. But when I learned about and started using MFP and especially when I began to weigh foods and drink water daily, I started losing consistently. Now I'm excited to get on the scale. It is moving south.

That's great! I hope I can start dropping pounds consistently soon
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    I used to get really sad when I would weigh myself and see that the scale hasn't budged. But no more. I've learned to rely more on inches lost. I still weigh myself every day and if the scale went up oh well. I keep doing my thing. And over time, the numbers do go down, on average

That's a good way to look at things, let the motivation continue to be the force
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My problem is I weigh myself too much!!!!! I need to put the scale where the monsters live! LOL. I weigh myself almost every morning and I know that if I don't see a change, I get upset. I KNOW THIS and I keep doing it.

I really need to hide the thing....:(
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    Grab a clothing measuring tape next time you are at the store. Start measuring yourself instead of weighing. Neck, Chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves, bicep, forearm. You will likely start seeing these numbers improve before you start seeing the scale move. Once you see the numbers on your measurements you will ultimately start to feel better and more able to handle the weigh ins.

Thanks maybe this will make me care less about what the scale says