I'm Excited!

Options
Call me crazy but I kind of look forward to the day when I reach right around my goal weight and have to go out and pretty much buy a whole new wardrobe. My goal weight is 154 and I started at 307. Most, if not all, of my clothes are at least XL. I have no idea what sizes I will be (as far as S, M, L), but I look forward to having to try on new clothes.

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Me too!

Its hard to tell for me because I haven't decided what weight I will end up (atm just have a goal 12-15kgs away) but thnk I will need to go out and buy a bunch of size 10-12's (UK not US sizes).

Am going to start saving so I can afford some really nice stuff :)
  • swhitt1309
    Options
    I have boxes of my old clothes from when I was thinner. The day I can fit back into some of those clothes, I'm going to throw a party! I cannot wait to stop shopping in the plus size section!! We can do this! :)
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm currently putting off clothes shopping as much as I can because I know everything I buy now, will be too big on me. I got a $25 gift card to JC Penney from my boss for Christmas and I am currently saving til I decide to go buy clothes that fit.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    2nd hand stores are great for the journey down the scale...I'm 11 lbs from goal and am planning on investing in a quality wardrobe when I get there. I recently went to a nice place and tried on clothes that I never would've tried before. I almost didn't recognize the person reflected in the mirror. It was a huge boost to my self esteem and renewed my resolve to continue my health journey. Once you get below 200, for ladies anyways, the sizes start dropping fast...around every 10 to 15 lbs. So, even if you're not at goal, it's still worth while to try those clothes on and feel empowered.
  • tralaf
    tralaf Posts: 10
    Options
    I am gifting myself with $10 per pound so that when I reach my goal weight I can afford some nice new clothes! Something I am really looking forward to.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I put a coin in a bucket every time I do a workout so I have extra dosh stashed away for buying nice things.

I want to buy quality things that are classy and make me feel good, not just anything that will do