Allow myself to introduce... myself

Options
Hi, I'm Mel... a 45 year old female from the North East of England. I always used to say to myself that I didn't want to be 'fat' and '40'... well, here I am, still 'fat' and '45'. Throughout my life I've probably followed most diets going... The Cambridge Diet, WeightWatchers, Atkins, but have never simply followed a calorie-controlled diet.

I signed up to MFP as one of my work colleagues was using it and I must admit, I couldn't believe how easy it was to use... and FREE. I do a lot of cooking at home and so I'll be making a lot of use of the Recipe Builder functionality, which is great. I also have the 'Map My Fitness' app on my iPhone which I will certainly be making more use of because of the MFP integration.

I have about 5½ stones to lose. If you're in a similar position as myself and you'd like to add me as a 'friend' for support/motivation, then that'll be great. I'm really looking forward to using MFP and seeing the weight coming off.

Replies

• struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    hello Mel, from the east of England, I've not got that much to lose but at lest 3 stone to shed but your more than welcome to add me
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel! I'm a 47 y.o. mom of 2 in Colorado, USA. Been on MFP for 2 months and have lost 17lbs (little over 1 stone according to the converter). Have at least 50 or 60 (3.5-4.2 stones) more lbs to go. I'll reevaluate once I get down to a more healthy weight.

Have always been overweight, or at least *thought* that, but looking back on pictures from 20 years ago, not sure that was accurate. But have definitely put on the pounds in the past 20 years. Have tried several diets in the past, but this time I'm not on a "diet." Time to get healthy. I am determined and just bought a Kindle so I can log my food/exercise when I'm not home.

I'll add you, and we can encourage each other! You can do this!
  • MaekaGaming
    MaekaGaming Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Yeah the reason I joined MFP is because a lot of my friends were here also and I'm glad I did. If you are looking for more friends, feel free to add me. :D