Replies

• stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im in. Can you make a group?
  • rissamarie406
    rissamarie406 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Sheacat. The more, the merrier :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, did I miss something? I thought this was to support people, not show up on a thread for something I don't intend to do just to be catty. Anyway OP, I am in. :)

Edited to add, some people have no sense of humour. My hubby is a jerk that way too. ;)

Ironic thread is ironic. :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • rissamarie406
    Options
    Sure, I'll try. I've never done that, but I'm sure it's not hard :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, did I miss something? I thought this was to support people, not show up on a thread for something I don't intend to do just to be catty. Anyway OP, I am in. :)

Edited to add, some people have no sense of humour. My hubby is a jerk that way too. ;)

Yup you missed quite a bit by not being in the forums a lot.

giving up food because it's "bad" is silly...there is no bad food..food does not make you fat the amount you eat makes you fat...

You can eat what you want in moderation and lose weight and yes calling your husband a jerk for making your life easy by getting dinner on the way home was mean.

I liken it to self imposed punishedment for gaining weight...
  • rissamarie406
    Options

I feel like you must be bored. Find someone else's thread to troll. If you're not interested, fine. You can move on. No need to stick around being rude.
  • rissamarie406
    Options
    Look, people. I was kidding when I called him a jerk. Geez. My weight is my fault and I don't actually have any hard feelings towards him in any way for his weight. I was really just making the point that the temptation was there and I wasn't saying no.

Ugh.
  • randomtai
    Options

I feel like you must be bored. Find someone else's thread to troll. If you're not interested, fine. You can move on. No need to stick around being rude.

Not at all trolling, just observing.. You do know that these are public forums and not everyone is going to agree with you.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It will be fun & difficult to see how things go! Though it should be easier also with 'spring' here, and hopefully the vegetable stands are open, so instead of like pork chops & stuffing, I can do pork chops & green beans! So hopefully it will be easier than it sounds! Good luck everyone!
  • rissamarie406
    Options
    FOR THOSE INTERESTED: I made a group for us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20467-30-day-no-junk-no-soda-no-fast-food

I'll be inviting people as I see interest, but also of course feel free to head over to the group :) It'S Private to make it a place of support and motivation only.
  • Sheacat
    Sheacat Posts: 24
    Options
    yeah, not really. I joined this thread because I want to be a part of it, not to nit pick the OP. YOU did. Not ironic darlin, truthful. Sorry, apparently you missed irony day on the same day manners were being taught.
  • randomtai
    Options
    yeah, not really. I joined this thread because I want to be a part of it, not to nit pick the OP. YOU did. Not ironic darlin, truthful. Sorry, apparently you missed irony day on the same day manners were being taught.

:yawn:
  • Sheacat
    Sheacat Posts: 24
    Options

giving up food because it's "bad" is silly...there is no bad food..food does not make you fat the amount you eat makes you fat...

You can eat what you want in moderation and lose weight and yes calling your husband a jerk for making your life easy by getting dinner on the way home was mean.

Yeah, I am ok missing that, haha. Why can't we let people do what works best for them? Why does it have to always be a my way or the highway approach? If moderation works for you, then awesome! I mean it, that is wonderful. Everybody works different and if people find that detoxing from stuff that makes them feel bad is what they need to do then why piss on their parade? If someone came on here wanting to do something truly dangerous (i.e. anorexia, starvation, etc) then I get jumping on them in a supportive manner to encourage them to seek a different path, but I fail to see how wanting to eat fresh food and non "junk" is a bad or unhealthy thing.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Not worth the strike.
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hi rissa: good luck with your 30 days of no junk, soda and fast food. i gave up soda a few years ago and probably have one or two per year. i don't miss it at all. pretty much the same with fast and junk. once a year to remind me how awful it makes me feel!!!
    if i get a hankering for 'fries' i can roast some potato wedges with a bit of oil. just as good. better, really, if you add in that i don't feel like hell afterwards!! you can do this......if i can, anybody can!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Hai I'm here to insert my opinion because this is a public forum.

Those who go on very restrictive dieting (like this one) tend to fall back in old habits and learn nothing. Just an observation. That is why moderation is something people commonly recommend. I'm going on a 30 day moderation diet to learn sustainable habits that will enable me to function normally around the people around me rather than demonizing foods. Foods are foods. There are no good or bad foods. It is the person who holds the fork, can, the hands that is ultimately responsible.

Eagerly awaiting to be called a troll for an opinion that doesn't fit OP....
  • endlessloser
    endlessloser Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Not going to be easy lol - I just finally switched from mini chocolate to m&m peanuts (for protein with choc flavor).... but we're supposed to go to the Bahamas and Florida in May, so I'd love to even lose 10 pounds by then. (Have ideally 69 pounds to lose ultimately)
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Yeah, I am ok missing that, haha. Why can't we let people do what works best for them? Why does it have to always be a my way or the highway approach? If moderation works for you, then awesome! I mean it, that is wonderful. Everybody works different and if people find that detoxing from stuff that makes them feel bad is what they need to do then why piss on their parade? If someone came on here wanting to do something truly dangerous (i.e. anorexia, starvation, etc) then I get jumping on them in a supportive manner to encourage them to seek a different path, but I fail to see how wanting to eat fresh food and non "junk" is a bad or unhealthy thing.

In any case, I am out. Trolls can go back to your trolling without the nice people getting in your way, lol

Beannacht, agus póg mo thóin! :)

ironic post is ironic

and I don't think letting people know they don't have to give up foods they like is "pissing on" anyones parade it's letting them know they can have treats still if they really want....

What I don't understand is why when advice like that is given to be helpful those that give it are accused of having no manners, called mean or bullies and basically told to shut their cake hole...
  • randomtai
    Options

In any case, I am out. Trolls can go back to your trolling without the nice people getting in your way, lol

ironic post is ironic

and I don't think letting people know they don't have to give up foods they like is "pissing on" anyones parade it's letting them know they can have treats still if they really want....

What I don't understand is why when advice like that is given to be helpful those that give it are accused of having no manners, called mean or bullies and basically told to shut their cake hole...

Haha and to kiss her butt in Irish. :laugh:
  • SezxyStef
    Options

ironic post is ironic

Haha and to kiss her butt in Irish. :laugh:

and we are the ones called mean...*shakes head*