Broccoli Slaw Ideas?

Options
Manda86
Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
I have a bunch of julienned carrots/broccoli/cabbage leftover from making a slaw with a citrus dressing and need some ideas for alternative preparation. I'm short on ideas today - any thoughts?

Replies

• 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Add some pizza sauce or tomato sauce and some cheese and stir fry it all together. Soooo good... Or maybe I'm just weird lol
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Asian stirfry with some sliced chicken and teriyaki sauce to me.
  • waterlily72
    waterlily72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually buy coleslaw mix with carrot/cabbage/etc., and just throw it in pan with lean meat or chicken for a very quick stirfry. It's fast and filling.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Fry it up in the pan with just a bit of water. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Done.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Is the citrus dressing already on the slaw? If so, I'd just switch up the protein you put with it to add some variety while you use the leftover salad (grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp etc). If it's not dressed, and you haven't already used one of the good ideas above, here's a link to one of my family's favorites for you: http://www.food.com/recipe/asian-ramen-coleslaw-180352
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff! Probably eat 5 bags a week. I eat it raw as a salad with no fat ranch dressing.

I also use broccoli slaw to make a Vegetable Soup and a Vegetable Lasagna dish.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas! To answer a previous question, the vegetables are dry at the moment, I ate what I had of the other and wanted something new. I'll try out some of your suggestions. :)