Hi Everyone

Options
Hi, My name is Maria, I am 52 and about 30 lbs overweight. I am recently divorced and slowly putting my new life together. My weight has fluctuated over the years and I have done Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Lifetime Fitness, etc. Now I am working and paying the bills, and I can no longer afford the luxury of working out at fancy gyms and meeting with groups. I look to this group for motivation. I want to reinvent myself. Every morning I am determined to change and by evening when I am exhausted I just want a bag of chips. Has anyone else felt that way? I want to look good for me. Not for anyone else, not to save my marriage which didn't work anyway. I want to be in control and feel good about myself. I need some self esteem building. Hope you are out there to chat!!

Replies

• frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria, Great step in starting MFP. I will be 50 (soon)and I have lost 30 lbs since Sept '13. Feel free to ad me. Good Luck.
  • Volunteersusan
    Options
    I'm 52 and trying to lose 40 lbs, love potato chips too, but unlike you, I'm happily married. The other night when I was complaining to my husband that I only had 11 calories left, so no evening snack for me, he went into the fridge and handed me a tupperware container of sliced cucumbers...hey these are crunchy and 5 calories! I think that I will keep little, one-portion containers of prepared fruits and veggies in the fridge, so when I think I need a nibble, I will learn to grab one of those instead. And every now and then when I want chips, I will count out the serving size of chips and put them into a bowl instead of handfuls from the bag. We can do this! I keep teasing my daughter that once I get down to my goal of 165, I am going to get matching bikinis for me and my little granddaughter...yellow with polka dots! Just sent you a friend request.
  • ladyraven2186
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Katie and I am 27 and currently 33 pounds overweight. With my jobs being so stressful I know what it feels like to want to either grab a bag of chips or a half gallon of ice cream out of the freezer after work. I was trying to do this a month ago from my phone but nothing was syncing correctly so I ended up uninstalling the app from my phone. I just recently re-installed it, hoping it works this time. It is hard for me to keep track of what I am eating at work and I don't have time to write everything down or remember it all by the time I get home at 10:30 at night. I am hoping to talk to some people on here for some motivation and help if I need it.

Thank you all and the best of luck to everyone!!

Katie
  • xoxbeckyxox30
    Options
    Hey im 20 trying to loose weight after having my daughter in June 2012. i am not working currently due to problems with my spine, My biggest downfall is ice cream.
  • KnittingGirl125
    Options
    Thanks so much for the great ideas. I am going grocery shopping today, so I will be sure to pick up some cucumbers slice them up and have them ready for my after dinner munchies. I currently bring breakfast and lunch to work, and by the time I get home, I don't feel like cooking. I am starting to use the bag salad and adding turkey, or chicken and some of those Kalamata pitted olives. Looking forward to talking and exchanging ideas with you.
    Take Care.
  • rebasue55
    rebasue55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria- I'm the oldest one to reply...58. I live with chronic nerve pain and take a couple meds that can cause weight gain. I've lost 79 pounds since April 2013. I know that's a pretty slow loss but it's staying off. My father passed away and that stopped the weight loss for awhile but I'm back at it again and starting to lose again. Thanks for sharing your story. We all probably have a different story for why we're here with one common goal to lose some weight. This has been so much easier than WW for me. I found WW much harder to find foods and restaurants than mfp. I've only been seriously on the site for 6 days and am looking for friends, Chips are my downfall too and have started to by them in the singe package or stop by Subway and buy one serving of chips. When I buy the bag of chips I find myself sitting down eating the whole bag :smile:

Rebecca