GENERATING RESULTS

Options

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Today's goal: 70 minutes on the elliptical orbiter, then a lap around the circuit.... followed by lawn mowing for approx 3-4 hrs at home. That should burn off a few calories today! Plus, as always, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

oh gameset; you are abso correct about the Midwest being flatter than a fritter, but it does make for nice bike rides...
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Wow, Brenda, you had a very active Tuesday! And I'm in the midwest as well... I understand flat terrain.

I just got back from a 3.5 mile walk... I will probably do some push ups, cobra presses, etc. later this evening.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    OK, so I did 2 35 minute sets of orbiter, burning 598 and 650 calories, plus a lap around the circuit for another 309 calories. I was gonna do a bunch of lawn work, but only got in about 30 minutes... sumpn 'bout r/l ya know?!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    You all are doing great!!!! Keep it going!!!!

I stuck to my food goals. Did not get the exercise in today b/c an old friend came into town by surprise. We haven't seen each other for 14 years! It was great to catch up!!!! So, I stayed at baseline cals and did not indulge in extra treats like I once was inclined to do (i.e., old thinking: oh! celebration = food = drink = food = having a good time; new MFP thinking: oh! celebration = celebration, no food or drink needed to enjoy a great time!). Yippeeeeee!!!!!
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    2day4ever...i agree with you, it is changing our thinking that makes the difference.

I am on a mini vacation this week....went south to help get a surprise 75th party together with my sisters for our mom. Thought i would have a lot of time to exercise this .....finally squeezed a walk in after dinner.

Boy was I surprised to see the calorie count on a Panera tomato and mozzerella salad...I could have had lots of my favorites (i.e. ice-cream, wine, etc) for the cost of that. I wish I would had logged in before eating there...i certainly would have made a different choice. I am hoping quality calories burn more effeciently?!! Yikes...disappointing.

Today is a new day.....up early...I am heading out for an hour run and hopefully later today I can get into my sister's pool for a swim.

Will check in later today....good luck to all! It is a beautiful morning in this neck of the woods. Enjoy!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Goal: 4-5 days work out

Thursday/day three

45 minute biking

Anne
  • Vanessa82
    Options
    OOHH!! I want in on this!!!
    Might motivate me to get on my treadmill!

My goal for the remainder of the week is to get 2- 30 minute workouts on the treadmill to get me started ( I'm coming back from an injury, I don't want to push it!)

Food goal: to eat my workout calories those 2 workout
    Then I have no excuse but to get on my treadmill, expecially since I run at the end of the night!

Have a happy day!
    V
  • gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! 4 more days till school! 4 more days!! Yipeeeeee!!

Ooh am i bad or what? My kids are pending WAAAAAY too much time in each others company, and mine too. Plus, if i manage to follow thru on my plan, i will be at the gym LOTS after they start back...

Anyway, did half an hour of yoga/ calisthenics yesterday- i used my wii fit for some of it-- i will write more about that later- and i walked for 50 minutes after dinner. it was great, a few of my neighbors and i are going, and its just great to be able to catch up like that.

ANyway, today no walk after dinner- son has football, and Hubby has tennis, but maybe i will go DURING football.

Jamerz- can i have some of your exercise calories- yikes- you just burn them up!!!
    2day4ever- that was quite an epiphany- and something that we all need to conquer at some stage or another.
    Way to go everyone!! i will check back in later.
  • gameset
    Options
    okay, about that wii fit- what do 'all think?

I don't believe that you are getting a true workout on it, but i really like doingthe yoga (and some of the strength) exercises on it, because it has you focusing on keeping your center of balance within a shaded area- it measures your balance- and i think that is good for improving your form.

Thats what i think. Oh yes, and the games are waaaaay fun!!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Gameset!

I know today is going to be a good day. I am committed (again!) to doing this right.

On my way to the treadmill right now!
  • natalie424
    Options
    gameset... I don't know anything about Wii Fit... sounds like a lot of fun though!

I just finished Shred Level 1 and a quick 1.25 mile walk... It is absolutely beautiful here today and I am so bummed that I didn't have time to walk longer. I easily could have gone another 3 miles.

But alas.... I'm off to shower... I have an appointment to get my hair cut and colored. Fun... Fun... Fun!

I am definitely going for a walk after dinner... and the weekend is going to be spectacular weather wise.... sunshine, very low humidity, and temps in the uppers 70s and low 80s during the day! I'm looking forward to being outdoors!

Happy workouts everyone!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    setting up for another two miles and some serious weightlifting again.

cheers!
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    :smile: YEA! @ sets on the orbiter, and one lap around the circuit :happy:
    Even after lunch, and a light snack I still have 2200 cal to burn. So, I'm grilling chix breast and fresh green beans for dindin...
  • gameset
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Okay i have a question- i finally replaced the battery in my heart rate moniter- and the hour long walk i took, according to my HRM burned 565 calories- that seems a bit high. MFP says same walk is about 300 cals- thats a big difference.

Which do i go with? One takes intr account my height and weight and presumabley my sex, the other my actual heart rate, age and sex.
  • gameset
    Options
    Oh yes- walked for 60 mins tonight- went to the water park today and avoided ALL the concessions!! And had a dozen- count em- glasses of water!!

Wooohoooo
  • natalie424
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Okay i have a question- i finally replaced the battery in my heart rate moniter- and the hour long walk i took, according to my HRM burned 565 calories- that seems a bit high. MFP says same walk is about 300 cals- thats a big difference.

Which do i go with? One takes intr account my height and weight and presumabley my sex, the other my actual heart rate, age and sex.

I would say go with your HRM... You were probably walking at a very, very brisk pace. I walk very fast and burn more calories according to my HRM than MFP.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Day four
    Friday
    Goal 4-5 days work out

45 minutes biking
    25 mintues weights

Met my goal this week so i will add another goal for next week:
    2nd goal-keep within calories at least six days of the week

Anne
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

Tennis this am- and i may try a walk tonight after i put the rugrats to bed.

How sad is this- I played wii fit yesterday, did all the yoga and strength- and i am stiff today!!!

See you in the am!

But don't you just love knowing you worked out new spots you had once forgotten? :laugh: Keep up the great motivation girlie! Love your picture here too!!!
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    OK... last workout session for this week... followed by some yard work. Then maybe chasing my sexy wife around the house a few times, and game, set, and match, lol! :devil:
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had hoped to stay within calories while on this mini-vacation.....so far so good....not exercising as much as I wanted but doing something everyday...mostly because of the commitment from you all! Thanks so much.

Swimming laps today.

Beautiful day today! Enjoy all!