Slow weight loss

Options
So far on my 1.5 month 1400 calorie diet I have lost 10 pounds, however in the last 2 weeks of my diet my weight loss has only been 0.4 lbs. The weirdest part is that I have also started exercising (8.8km walking/running per day for 5 days a week ~ about 5.5 miles). Have I hit a plateau with the sudden weight loss decrease or is there another reason that I am only able to lose half a pound each week? Anybody have suggestions?

Also I should point out that with the new diet I do feel much more active and overall feel much better.

Replies

• 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    It's normal for water retention to occur while your body adjusts to a new exercise regime.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    What princesswarr said.

You just started exercising so your body is holding water.

It will come off faster. Keep it up!
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So far on my 1.5 month 1400 calorie diet I have lost 10 pounds, however in the last 2 weeks of my diet my weight loss has only been 0.4 lbs. The weirdest part is that I have also started exercising (8.8km walking/running per day for 5 days a week ~ about 5.5 miles). Have I hit a plateau with the sudden weight loss decrease or is there another reason that I am only able to lose half a pound each week? Anybody have suggestions?

Also I should point out that with the new diet I do feel much more active and overall feel much better.

I think that's GREAT! 10 lbs.?! after a month and a half?! I've been at it since january and have lost only 3! Now THAT is slow weight loss. Your slowdown however is probably attributable to the start of exercise, that always slows people down when they first start.

Good job and good luck!
  • hasanaat200
    hasanaat200 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ah thx m8, was worried for a sec but not anymore.
  • hasanaat200
    hasanaat200 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thx for the help and good luck to you too friend. Hope you reach your goal.