Measuring the BODY

Options
I did not measure my body when I started with MFP, and I know I have lost some inches. Is it too late to measure now? I guess I am just afraid I have already lost the bulk of the inches I will lose and I will be disappointed if I try to track them now.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did not measure my body when I started with MFP, and I know I have lost some inches. Is it too late to measure now? I guess I am just afraid I have already lost the bulk of the inches I will lose and I will be disappointed if I try to track them now.

Any suggestions?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I didn't think to measure when I first started back in March and I so wish I had!!!! Anyhow, I started measuring in June, and I still see results. I measure once a month.
  • myfitz4life
    Options
    Alright, thanks Losing_it. I will measure today and then wait a month. :)
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Read the new thread: Measuring Team August (or something like that).

I posted in there how I measure - which is a way that I am sure to be measuring in the same place each time. It's never too late to start measuring!! You will see results with the measuring for sure!!

Hope this helps!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    I have been measuring since May of this year and I have steadily been loosing inches. For me measuring is a bigger reward because as I gain muscle I may not see a change in the scale or the scale may even go up but when I measure I know I am making progress.
  • myfitz4life
    Options
    I also haven't had a huge change in the scale...so maybe this whole process would be a LOT more rewarding if I could see some proof that the inches ARE comin' off!

Thanks for all of the support everyone!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i just have to put it out there, that measuring sometimes doesn't show much progress for some... so don't be discouraged if you don't see progress in that first month!!!

i too have been measuring for a while, but did not at first when i started the site.
    I have not seen a big change in measurements for myself, however, but i have noticed that the places that used to jiggle do not jiggle as much anymore! So i guess thats what really counts...

i think at a certain point (i only have about 10 lbs left to lose) the inches quit coming off in the same way they used to.... so its even difficult to use that as a gauge. From your photos, you don't appear to have a lot of excess body fat...so just remember that the only true gauges are how you feel and how you fit into your clothes!!