Calorie suggestion

Options
Hey guys… I need some suggestions. I know that the further along you get and the closer you get to your goal, that the weight loss slows. But I've been at a plateau for around 3-4 months. I started out at a 1200 cal goal and someone suggested I recalculate on here and update my information.

When I did that, it upped my calories to 1410. I am no longer losing and was wondering if it would be a good idea to go back down to 1200 or if this is normal and if I should just keep at 1410 and maybe eat different things. I'm just getting frustrated.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? If not, you could be eating more than you think, which could be blowing your deficit.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Maybe calories in are way more than calories burned? I don't think you mentioned anything about exercise.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? If not, you could be eating more than you think, which could be blowing your deficit.

This and if you do exercise are you eating back your exercise calories? if so all of them.

Weight loss comes from a deficet...not the types of foods you eat.

If you set a reasonable weekly weight loss goal and your activity level correct MFP will give you The maximum # of calories to lose that weight and if you don't weigh your food how do you really know how much you are eating. Along with this since the deficet is built in to your calorie goals you should eat back exercise calories (at least some of them) to fuel your next workout.

Reasonable weekly goals are 2lbs for someone with over 100lbs...if you have less than 50lbs 1lb a week...less than 25lbs...1/2lb a week.
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you switched your goals? It takes me a week or so after increasing calories to start seeing a loss again.