- What I Gained After Losing 50 Lbs -

Options
FranWins
FranWins Posts: 26 Member
1. Fitting into airplane seats.
(When I went on my honeymoon, I couldn’t buckle my seatbelt and sat there praying the flight attendants wouldn’t notice so I wouldn’t have to suffer the humiliation of needing a belt extender, or worse being put off the plane.)

2. Being on top.
(And not being out of breath or having a leg cramp about 30 seconds after getting up there!)

3. Not getting stuck in a Go Kart.
(Yup. It happened. I couldn’t unbuckle the harness, it was trapped under my belly and my husband had to come help me get out of it while a line of people stared.)

4. Sitting in restaurant booths.
ANY restaurant booth! Even the narrow ones with everything bolted down!
(I have, on more than one occasion, experienced the humiliation of asking for a booth, then having to ask for a table because the booths at that establishment were uncomfortably tight for me.)

5. Not being defeated by stairs.

6. Not bumping/pressing my belly against every low surface/corner as I pass.
(Related: I don’t knock things off shelves in narrow aisles. Not with my hips/belly anyway...
Flailing arms on the other hand...)

7. More sexual positions available besides “get on all fours and squeal like a pig while he thrusts”.

8. Cuddling lengthwise on our narrow couch.
(The first time we spooned on the couch and I realized my belly wasn’t hanging off the side was kind of an awesome day.)

9. An actual jawline.

10. Being able to shave those hard-to-reach areas behind my thighs.
(Hint: They are no longer hard to reach.)

11. Modesty in a normal sized bath towel or bathrobe.

12. Sex in the shower.
(We only have a shower stall, not a tub, so there just wasn't enough room before we both lost weight).

13. I HAVE BONES! OMG!!!
(Confession: Sometimes I lay in bed poking at my hip bones, because I haven’t felt them since I was a teenager.)

14. Not outweighing my husband.
(He's a foot taller than me...)

15. Balancing on the balls of my feet and bouncing up and down.
(If you don’t know why that’s awesome, you haven’t been paying attention to this list.)
(If I have to explain I’ll probably need to mark this post NSFW.)

(Edited for some minor grammar.)

Replies

• gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I haven't gotten the balls to try most of those things yet. I weigh less than when I graduated HS. But having this kid really damaged me! Good thing he's cute.
  • FranWins
    Options
    Well, of all the things on there, I highly recommend poking your bones on a nightly basis. ;-)

Just be gentle if you bruise easily, LOL...
  • tinapi96
    tinapi96 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This post is exactly what I needed this morning! Congratulations on your weight loss and congratulations on the improvements in the bedroom! I have been so wrapped up in health benefits and being an example to my kids, blah blah blah, that I forgot that one of the biggest benefits are the naked ones with my husband.
  • fayefayee5
    fayefayee5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    haha I LOVE it :D I can identify with many, thanks for the morning smile. and great job
  • bjstru
    bjstru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kudos, i totally understand the airplane belt extender.... it was one of my low points in my 20's.
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    All of the above. Especially the NSFW stuff. I just read an article about how to have sex if you're very overweight. I love not having to worry about the humiliation of trying a new position and not being able because I'm "too fat"...(I realize some ladies who are larger still feel sexy at their larger weight - but I'm just not one of those ladies. I never felt comfortable in my own skin until I shed some of this weight. I'm way more confident about myself now than I was 80 pounds ago.)

Love this post.

-India
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This is a great post. I can relate to many of those. Congrats on your loss and your newly found skills! :wink:
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    it's amazing what you gain when you lose
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    wow...thanks for the inspiration !! good job, taking care of yourself .. thanks for sharing all the good things you have 'gained'.!!
  • MissDesiAmaris
    MissDesiAmaris Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Poking my hip bones, I have to say I'm guilty of that too lol. Congrats on your loss! :)
  • liha0808
    liha0808 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congrats!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    This post conveys three of my favourite things - inspiration, honesty and humour. :flowerforyou:
  • WillowThorn
    WillowThorn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ah the hip bones. I remember feeling them for the first time the last time that I lost weight. I'm looking forward to being able to poke them again haha!

Congratulations! Awesome list.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I agree with all. And secretly love to poke my bones day or night just to make sure they are still there. :)
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump.. All of the above..
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I think I need to gain some too..

First, I need to lose some :wink:

Good on you!
  • IrishgirlinSpain
    IrishgirlinSpain Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love this post! And looking forward to most of those things when the weight starts to come off!
  • FranWins
    Options
    Aw, thanks for all the lovely comments, everyone! I am SO glad you were entertained/inspired!

I'm off to go poke my bones...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!