I need paleo inspiration

Options
I'm trying to follow the paleo way. But need help. would any that has lost weight with paleo be interested to friend me?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi - there's a primal/paleo support group on here which is a great wee community for those living this lifestyle - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group
    Come and join us :smile:
  • ckeachie
    ckeachie Posts: 26
    Options
    We eat about 80% Paleo right now… we do our best, but sometimes we eat potatoes, and occasionally rice or quinoa
  • colls67
    colls67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I will have a look!
  • colls67
    Options
    Hi - there's a primal/paleo support group on here which is a great wee community for those living this lifestyle - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group
    Come and join us :smile:

Thanks.. I'll have a look!
  • colls67
    Options
    We eat about 80% Paleo right now… we do our best, but sometimes we eat potatoes, and occasionally rice or quinoa
    29 lbs lost..that's fantastic. Your little girl is gorgeous.
    Can I ask what a typical days meals would be like?
  • ckeachie
    ckeachie Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you :) I think she's cute haha!!
    A typical day for me would be:

Breakfast: Egg cooked in coconut oil (sometimes added goat cheese) with stir fried vegetables
    Morning snack: Berries and nuts, or a smoothie
    Lunch: Leftovers from dinner the day before (I ALWAYS cook extras so we have lunch)
    afternoon snack: whatever I feel like- my favourite right now is a baked greek salad- I work from home so I've been having fun making things. If I'm feeling sluggish, I will have a baked potato or something (which isn't really paleo, but I tolerate it really well)
    Dinner: Anything you can imagine… I do all our cooking at home, and we RARELY eat out. There is always a meat/fish/poultry/seafood, then 1-2 different vegetables

Last night for example:
    Sole with diced tomatoes and onions, baked
    sautéed green beans
    spinach salad with strawberries and almond slices and balsamic vinegar dressing

then for dessert we had homemade "jello" (pureed fruit, mixed with gelatin and a bit of honey or maple syrup- right now it's syrup season where I live, so we used that)

In a day, I always try to consume:
    at least one tablespoon of coconut oil either in cooking, mixed in a smoothie, or somewhere
    high quality fish oil supplement
    1 tbsp of gelatin to help with skin support and strong nutrition
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've lost most of my weight eating 'vaguely paleo' - meaning some days are stricter than others, depending on my mood.

I sometimes eat oats, or pasta, or bread or whatever. Depends.

I found the 'Well Fed' book to be great, and the most easiest, simplistic Paleo-based cooking book out there. Mark Sisson's 'Primal' book is good too. I like his more relaxed view - so I have cream in my coffee.

Though really, I think it's the move to less processed foods that's helped me the most, perhaps more so than the 'no grains, no legumes' rules.
  • funkyforager
    funkyforager Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat Paelo around 80% I have the occasion potato and rice, but thats about the only difference so its a main life style change but you need to tweak it for yourself as well.

Typical morning for me
    Porriadge oats with some kind of fruit
    Snack - fruit
    Lunch, healthy salad, no dressings mainly greens with tuna or turkey
    Snack - different fruit or vegtable sticks
    Dinner, fish with steamed veggies

Other snacks can include seeds and nuts.

By all means add if i can help, my diary is open to friends.