Les Mills Workouts

Options
Does anyone know how many calories you burn during a Les Mills Bodyvive Class or CXWorx class? I see that they have information for others, but not these. There is a bodyvive listed at 500 calories burned for a 55 minute class, but this seems high?!?

Replies

• jasminecoco
    jasminecoco Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing. 500 calories per 50 mins session seem to high.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I can burn an easy 500 cals doing 40mins of Insanity when I really bust my a$s.

All depends on your body type, weight, and how hard you're actually working.

Get an HRM to be accurate- I recommend Polar.
  • kendraj07
    kendraj07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input...that helps :smile:
  • jasminecoco
    jasminecoco Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just asked my trainer she said it's wayyyyy below what they claim you will burn. so ... better do something more intense. =)
  • kendraj07
    kendraj07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's kinda what I was thinking! Thanks for your reply. Now to find a class to burn more calories :wink:
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    BodyVive is the yoga/tai chi/pilates class, right? I've done it a few times - I would say it is definitely under 300 cals, probably closer to 200. CXWorx is only 30 minutes of core work, I would guess it is 150-200 cals. My HRM has read under 200 for CX Worx but I believe HRM data is not accurate for that type of workout.
  • Elainaf
    Elainaf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have never done Bodyvive but I have done Body Attack and my hrm said I burned 566 calories. I know turbokick says that you can burn 1000 calories per class but I never come even close to that.
  • Deianira00
    Deianira00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bobyvive is a full-body strength, cardio and core workout. You get what you put into it so if you are doing the most intense level you could be burning 500 calories though most folks are proably in the moderate level and would be closer to 200 - 300 calories again depending on intensity. The lowest level you may burn 100 - 150. Good luck in your endenvors.
  • tane_momona
    tane_momona Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    On average you can burn 450 calories at the most basic level. With all the changes in the program if you do the 55 min version you burn closer to and over 600 cal.