Weight lifting advice

Options
Hello MFP community!

I must say, the posts I have seen and read are incredible! You are all inspirational! Keep up the phenomenal work!

I am a female, 28, 5'9", 150 lbs and healthy weight and am interested in weightlifting. I'd like to try something new, to shred excess fat (especially around my large midsection/stomach) and tone my body. I have a thin body type, but I have excess fat around my stomach. I have never had a slim or moderate stomach in my life, and have never been able to get rid of it. I look pregnant. Even when I was recently at 136 lbs, I still had a large midsection. This has always been the frustrating thing for me. I have a gym membership and have tried weight circuits at goodlife, but I feel I'm not really getting the best out of my work out. So I usually opt for high intensity cardio. I'd really like to give weightlifting a serious try and wanted to ask what your advice is. I'm really not sure where and how to begin.

I would love to hear about your weightlifting journey and success, your suggestions, advice, recommended routine, diet/food choices on how to approach weightlifting and attaining my goals.

Thank you!!!! :)

Replies

• loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to get New Rules of Lifting for Women..gives you all the exercises and diet plan you will need. Core exercises such as these will whittle down that tummy ! :)
  • LexiBlack12
    LexiBlack12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks,