Best exercise for weight loss

Options
Hi,
Those of you who are getting on top of their weight loss challenge, what type of exercise (and how long) is best for starting out (before you get fit).
At the moment all I am doing is a half hour walk with my poochy.

Replies

• maffu00
    Options
    Mines jump roping. It doesn't even feel like exercise when I do it because I enjoy it :)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Circuit training is amazing and can be from easy to intense depending on the exercises you use. A WONDERFUL starter is the Kim Lyon's book "Your Body, Your life" starts easy and works up but you still have control over the intensity. Also intervals are effective as well. And they can be done in any cardio exercise and at any speed/resistance. PUSH for 30sec or as long as you can, recover, do it again! Over and over. :-D Challenge yourself. Go for it.
    Any moving is better than no moving. :-D
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The best exercise for weight loss is the exercise that you actually do. :bigsmile:

All cardio exercise burns calories. All strength training routines will add lean mass if done properly.

As long as you increase intensity and do your best, that's the best exercise. Just do whatever you like to do, stick with it, and keep challenging yourself by going longer, harder, or stronger each time.

I prefer to do things like P90X, Turbo Kick, Insanity, or a combo of any of the above...so that's what's best for me cause I actually stick to it. :flowerforyou:
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Only problem I would have with that would be the boob issue. :embarassed:
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    The best exercise for weight loss is the exercise that you actually do. :bigsmile:

LOL. That's a good one.
    Anything is better than nothing I guess.
  • gunnparker
    Options
    I mostly walk my dog around the block at a brisk pace for 50 ish min, I have just swaped a day walking for a mix of walking and joging for 50 ish min and I have added one day a week bike ride for an hour or so.

Nothing too hard at this stage though, building up.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I think the best exercise os just plain ole running! all ya need is some shoes and its go go go!

I started out with barely bein able to make it through a mile
    and now i can do a 10k without stopping ^-^
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    It's been said already, but really the best exercise is the one you enjoy and will stick with in the long run. Try different things and don't be afraid to mix it up,

Getting out with the dog is a great start and also a motivator because regardless of how you feel the dog has to go out daily!

Keep it up and you'll start seeing changes in the long run!

Cheers!
  • CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Only problem I would have with that would be the boob issue.

Try doubling up on your bras ( two at a time ) Or your regular bra and a sports bra on top. Sports Authority carries some extended sized in underwire, etc. Worth the investment! :blushing:
  • mikeheil13
    Options
    Zumba is my weapon of choice.. I'm an addict LOL!! Even got asked if I wanted to be an instructor :happy: but unfortunately I have 2 much on my plate atm... anyways.. I agree with what was said earlier.. whatever u can do and stick to!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I've heard it said that interval training is best, but really, whatever gets your heart rate UP (not a little but a lot) is good stuff. If you are unfit, the first hurdle is getting yourself fit enough to 'work out'. So do something that improves your breathing and ability to maintain motion.... then focus on what/ how you want to improve xxx
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    For me its at least 2 miles of walking a day and spinning twice a week.
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    kettlebell burns 20 calories per minute.. That, and stationary bike I do. Walking, running whatever you can...