ice cream scoops

Options
We had ice cream floats at work today....I snuck a peak and saw that the vanilla ice cream was 130 calories per 1/2 cup......I had two scoops of ice cream......and when I say two scoops I mean the ice cream filled the scooper....not like at ice cream shops where they dig and dig to make a giant scoop. Do you all think these two scoops equaled 1/2 cup, or should I figure it was a full cup?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    We had ice cream floats at work today....I snuck a peak and saw that the vanilla ice cream was 130 calories per 1/2 cup......I had two scoops of ice cream......and when I say two scoops I mean the ice cream filled the scooper....not like at ice cream shops where they dig and dig to make a giant scoop. Do you all think these two scoops equaled 1/2 cup, or should I figure it was a full cup?
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i would figure a whole cup.

sorry:cry:
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Definitely a cup if not more. :bigsmile:
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    definitely cup. its always better to measure if bit more, also don't cheat yourself either
  • Nana27
    Nana27 Posts: 77
    Options
    "We had ice cream floats at work today....I snuck a peak and saw that the vanilla ice cream was 130 calories per 1/2 cup......I had two scoops of ice cream......and when I say two scoops I mean the ice cream filled the scooper....not like at ice cream shops where they dig and dig to make a giant scoop. Do you all think these two scoops equaled 1/2 cup, or should I figure it was a full cup?"

From personal ice cream (yummy) measuring. 2 scoops (as you described) do not equal a cup of ice cream. 2 scoops barely measure a level 1/2 cup. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Yea for us ice cream nuts!!

Linda