Medifast after 2 weeks

Options
So I weighed in today and lost 4lbs. Which I am down a total of 14. So now I am at 250 which I have weighed for the last 6 years up until 3 months ago. The counselor asked if I was happy and told her, Im glad im down but until I see myself below 240 which was last seen in 2006 I don't think I will be excited.
I am ok with the meals but the free catering of good food kills me. It is so hard to say no and stay away from it. Stomach growls all the time. Just sucks at times....

Anyone feel this way when they are being strict?

Replies

• rammsz
    rammsz Posts: 79
    Options
    The hardest part about losing weight was my weak self control. The first time you say no is the hardest, then it gets easier. You then realize that you have dropped weight and you will feel motivated to not eat when you don't have to. Once you successfully get past the barrier saying no would make you feel good instead of making your stomach growl

I lost 210 pounds, I know what you are going through.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    If you love medifast, then more power to you. But I personally think you can lose the weight, and still eat the foods you love in moderation. The problem I have with these medifast, herbalife type programs, us that its very common for people to regain the weight after they stop the program, as they haven't learned the proper tools for healthy living. This is supposed to be a lifestyle change, so its sad to see so many people have to start back from square one cuz they never learned the tools.
    Anyway, like I said, if you love medifast and great and good luck.
  • Alchemagician
    Alchemagician Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Medifast has a transition period where you gradually add your favorite foods back, in moderation, once you've reached your goal weight. For some of us, we need the structure of a program like Medifast to reach that goal weight.

Congratulations on hitting the two week mark! I can tell you, you're through the roughest part. The first two weeks are when you're breaking your carb cravings and are most likely to go off plan (aka cheat). And I agree, the first time you say no, it is so hard. You really WANT those other foods. The second time is a little easier. When you find yourself needing to buy the next size smaller jeans, it won't be nearly as hard to say "No". I restarted Medifast in September and am down 50 lbs; you can do it!!! (I'd gone off plan for a number of reasons and didn't do the transition period- and while I gained some back, I did not gain it all back.)

Again, congratulations, and good luck!
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree. Sometimes you need structure to get started and that is perfectly A-OK :) I have never done Medifast but I know people who have done well on it. I used to do Weight Watchers and was successful on it. I moved and stopped going to meetings so now I'm just counting calories and exercising. Don't let anyone knock you for doing a weight loss program. I work out to Beachbody videos and almost every one of them come with an eating plan. I just ordered 21 Day Fix, it's an eating plan as well. I see no difference in that and another program. :) Good luck! you're doing great!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    The good thing about weight loss is that you can easily find a great variety of healthy approaches. If you feel something is too strict or leaves you feeling deprived, rest assured you will be able to find something with the same daily calories that leaves you feeling content. If you can't manage yourself without structure, and you fail to find something out there that works for you without making you miserable, you could create your own structure through custom menu building.

Here is what I personally do (requires time for planning once a week):
    1- Find recipes I really like, or some things that I really crave. Could be on the internet, or personal recipes.
    2- Use recipe builder on this website to find the calories in a single serving of these meals.
    3- Use http://www.ziplist.com/ to store them and use their planner to plan them, creater my weekly grocery list, and only buy what I need for that week.

This way I get something customized specifically for me but reserve structure.
  • Areneholmes
    Areneholmes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in just to say that when my tummy gets growly and it's not food time, I still put a little something in there, even if it's just a nibble of something healthy. More often than not it will be raw veggies and water. I really like sliced cucumbers (they're like 5 calories per cup) and a bit of tomato (also low cal). If you need more flavor a dash of vinegar if you like that.

I only spoke up because that growly feeling is the pits and can really ruin your mood and motivation. It really depresses me if I don't do something to stop it. :(

Good luck to you! And congrats. You've made progress and you should feel good about it! Don't get hung up on the number mark you want to reach. You'll get there and beyond it before you know it, just keep the path. :)
  • suejenfb
    suejenfb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds on Medifast....It's the first plan that I've been successful on. I'm not hungry or miserable.
  • Hello!
    just want to say to everyone that medifast has their own support site. So, you do not have to deal with any negativity from my fitness pal users. All the medifast food is programmed into the site and there is no real counting on our part. There is even a place to log our exercise...
    In short, there is no reason to try and find Medifast users on MFP. Just join the medifast community, like I did. No negative commentary-- just support.
    Yes its free!
    No I dont work for them!
    Yes, I'm using it and I have stopped using MFP-- just spreading the word!
    I as transition I will of course come back to MFP. But for now, the support of the medifast community is what I need.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!