Looking for advice

Options
So I've spent the past few months faffing about and I've not lost anything, grr! Problem is I get married in just 21 weeks and my wedding dress is currently too small. I was losing weight well so took a chance but went off track and have wasted time. I measured the dress and myself today to assess the damage and just what work I have ahead of me.

Bust - I need to lose 5 inches
Waist - I need to lose 8 inches
Hips - I need to lose 11 inches

Doable in 21 weeks? I'm really not sure! Any advice on how to give myself the best chance? I'm going to calorie count to 1400 calories a day and do fitness too but what fitness would you guys recommend I do?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    What was your routine when you were losing weight? Did you lose fast enough that if you go back to that, you would lose enough to fit into your dress in time?
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    hmm in the last 8 weeks I've lost 4 inches to my waist, amd 3 in my hiops, but only 1 in my bust.. you have 21 weeks, so I'd say it is possibly if you are determined.
    I personally suggest weight training if your gole is more inches focused than scale focused. Your body will tighten up. That being said, I dont know your stats, but if you do weight training you may want to up your calories to 1500-1600+.
    I lift weights 3 times a week and I do cardio twice a week one of those cardio days I do a HIIT workout.
    I spend about 12 hours a week on fitness alone.
    Hope that helps.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    So I've spent the past few months faffing about and I've not lost anything, grr! Problem is I get married in just 21 weeks and my wedding dress is currently too small. I was losing weight well so took a chance but went off track and have wasted time. I measured the dress and myself today to assess the damage and just what work I have ahead of me.

Bust - I need to lose 5 inches
    Waist - I need to lose 8 inches
    Hips - I need to lose 11 inches

Doable in 21 weeks? I'm really not sure! Any advice on how to give myself the best chance? I'm going to calorie count to 1400 calories a day and do fitness too but what fitness would you guys recommend I do?

Caroline, you know this is doable!! 21 weeks is ages!!! If you knuckle down, seriously, you can lose at least 42lbs!! Thats loads! Mind you though, I only lost 2.5 inches from my hips with a 13lb weight loss, but then again, that means a 39lb loss equates to 7.5 inches so maybe you can do it? I should shut up now, right? Sorry.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My loss for the last 2 weeks was - 2 inches off my chest - 1.5 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my hips - which seems to imply I am not the same shape as you -

I wasn't weighing myself initially - frankly I didn't want to know how bad it was - but I have been taking waist measurements for a while and that 1 - 1.5 inch drop every 2 weeks has been pretty consistent

I think you can if you put your mind to it -my training regime has been lifting heavy 2 days a week for 1 hour 1 day a week of more cardio focus lifting ( kettle bell work lots of HIIT ) for 1 hours and 3 days a week of just cardio for 40 mins - 1 hour. In the last 3 weeks I have also started training for a kettle bell lifting competition which has been an extra 15 - 20min of high rep kettle bell work 3 times a week - probably not hugely impacting on the burn

I eat about 1300 per day
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Paleo, turns your body into a fat melting machine. Keep away from sugar, it will be your un doing every time. Good luck.
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies, I really appreciate them.
    What was your routine when you were losing weight? Did you lose fast enough that if you go back to that, you would lose enough to fit into your dress in time?

If I calorie count I can lose a steady 3lb a so a week at this weight but I'm now at the point where I honestly don't care what the scales say, it's all about the inches. After all it's the inches that make me feel better, it's the inches that means clothes feet and feel better and it's the inches that means my dress will fit!
    hmm in the last 8 weeks I've lost 4 inches to my waist, amd 3 in my hiops, but only 1 in my bust.. you have 21 weeks, so I'd say it is possibly if you are determined.
    I personally suggest weight training if your gole is more inches focused than scale focused. Your body will tighten up. That being said, I dont know your stats, but if you do weight training you may want to up your calories to 1500-1600+.
    I lift weights 3 times a week and I do cardio twice a week one of those cardio days I do a HIIT workout.
    I spend about 12 hours a week on fitness alone.
    Hope that helps.

It does, thanks. I don't have a gym membership and although I can join I think I'll actually be able to find more time to workout at home than at a gym. I've got a kettlebell and the kettleworx programme, I've done that before with good results but just let life get in the way and stopped. I think I'm going to try and do that and then get a cardio based something or other (swim or walk maybe) at least once a week. I'm planning to aim for 1400 calories a day but slightly more on kettleworx days, probably about 1600. I'm going to aim for a mix of complex carbs, fibrous carbs and lean protein in every meal as I know that's something I fall short on at the moment.
    Caroline, you know this is doable!! 21 weeks is ages!!! If you knuckle down, seriously, you can lose at least 42lbs!! Thats loads! Mind you though, I only lost 2.5 inches from my hips with a 13lb weight loss, but then again, that means a 39lb loss equates to 7.5 inches so maybe you can do it? I should shut up now, right? Sorry.

I have a good 5-6 stone to lose to get down to a healthy goal weight so I think that goes in my favour, if I was relatively healthy and slim already I'd have no chance. I know I can definitely do the bust and waist inches, I think I could actually do more than that but the hips seems a lot, that's roughly half an inch a week. I don't think it's impossible but need (needed) some reassurance that it was doable. Never shut up Fiona, never :)
    My loss for the last 2 weeks was - 2 inches off my chest - 1.5 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my hips - which seems to imply I am not the same shape as you -

I wasn't weighing myself initially - frankly I didn't want to know how bad it was - but I have been taking waist measurements for a while and that 1 - 1.5 inch drop every 2 weeks has been pretty consistent

I think you can if you put your mind to it -my training regime has been lifting heavy 2 days a week for 1 hour 1 day a week of more cardio focus lifting ( kettle bell work lots of HIIT ) for 1 hours and 3 days a week of just cardio for 40 mins - 1 hour. In the last 3 weeks I have also started training for a kettle bell lifting competition which has been an extra 15 - 20min of high rep kettle bell work 3 times a week - probably not hugely impacting on the burn

I eat about 1300 per day

Wow that sounds intense! It's obviously really paying off for you, I'm going to do kettlebells, just not sure if I need to up it and do even more. I'm not doing any fitness at the moment though so I think I need to start with that and let myself adjust and then introduce more rather than go too hard, too fast and burn out thinking I can't do it.

Thanks again everyone.
  • chauntelr
    Options
    www.zuzkalight.com best work outs for fast results..or you can look her up on youtube zuzka light..for maximu results you want to make sure your doing your cardio at least 3 to 4 times per week alternating strength. or like zuzka does she puts them both together for great HITTs...I measure my success not by weight or inches but by my athletic abliity so I went from only being able to run 3 mins before having to walk to being able to run a full 10 mins in 9 days. Whatever route you choose stick with it, and remember one bad meal or missed workout does not equal failure