Focus T 25 and slim legs

Options
I'm gonna start the program next monday,but..one of my main goals is to slim down my legs and tone them,like above the knee are,that"pouch".but im wondering if im gonna get big legs instead because of the muscle growth. If you ever tried the program,can you tell me your experience?

Replies

• amarola
    amarola Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello, Saradsilva! I've done T25 and I assure you that your legs will not get bigger or bulky. T25 is mostly cardio, so it is not focused on building muscle, it will help you slim down. For toning, I suggest weight lifting. This will also not make you bulk up. It is very difficult for us to get "big" because we do not produce testosterone. Building muscle will just help you look tighter and more toned.

Hope you found this helpful and googluck with your workout.
  • shgatewood
    Options
    I just completed the first week of Beta cycle. I've been sticking with an average of 1600 calories per day and haven't missed a workout. I've lost 10 pounds so far and my upper thighs and buttocks are noticeably slimmer (I think I've lost about 2 inches in my legs).

Muscle is more compact than fat, so pound for pound, muscle will look smaller. You'll gain muscle if you work your legs (which you definitely do in T25), but in order to lose fat and notice muscle tone, of course, you'll need to ensure you're eating the right number of calories and macronutrients.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hello - while I haven't completed a cycle of T-25 I have tried a few workouts. Most beachbody workouts are designed to slim you down, not bulk you up. It has really worked for me. I lost about 4 inches, or more, on each thigh alone in the past year of steady working out. I love the cardio feel too! It also has helped me to keep the loose skin to a minimum, considering my former size and present. I am still working towards my goal and love my workouts. I am going complete T25 when I am done with the workout I am currently doing right now.

Enjoy the ride....

:flowerforyou:
  • saradsilva
    saradsilva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the feedback,i don't have heavy or large legs,thats the problem for me..they're"skinny"but i cant tone them because i dont really know how to burn that last fat around muscles..I posted this because i was afraid T 25 will only work on people who have more weight to lose ,but im gonna give a try definitely!Do you think it will shred that last 5/6 pounds?I eat everything right like on the nutrition guide! Thank you so much!
  • amarola
    amarola Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello again! I understand you completely, as I am in the same situation. I've been doing Chalean Extreme for the past month and am really seeing results. We need to change our body composition so lifting and healthy eating is key.