Looking for similar friends. Female, 5'2", 184 lbs

Options
I've actually been on MFP for over two years now, and I had great success with it a while back. I lost a whopping 44 pounds and got SO close to my weight loss goal, and then it all fell apart. I got too comfortable with my progress and started to put forth less and less effort, until I eventually slipped back into all my old habits and gained back every pound that I had worked so hard to lose. )c:

I'm 5'2" and my starting weight is 184 pounds. (Yeesh! I know!) I'm setting my goal at 120, which is right in the middle of where I should be, but if I can get to 130 (the top end of the "healthy" range for my height) that will be a huge deal for me. I really need to get out of the "obese" category and take care of myself.

I'd love to have some more friends for motivation and support! I promise to return the favor! (c:

Replies

• fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    im in! add me if you like!
  • kelseydecember
    Options
    You can add me too! I just recently re-joined and trying to lose some weight!
  • boocc4
    boocc4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in a similar boat to you. Started in 2010 weighing a wopping 245 lbs and lost 59 lbs. Then I got stuck and have since gradually put back on 30lbs. Have just joined this site and am back on the diet. I am aiming to get from the 216 that I am now to 140 if at all possible. It seems such a long way to go and I need a few friends to help motivate me and maybe I can do the same for them.
  • jenniferevon
    Options
    You can add me. 5'3 and still have 30-40 to lose. Having encouraging friends really helps.
  • Dianamarie91
    Options
    Similar situation!! also looking to lose 30-40lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • a71890megan
    Options
    I think we are twins.... I am also 5'2 and I weigh 177 lbs (assuming my cheap bathroom scale is accurate). I have also had success with MFP until I get close to my goal. I have now regained most of the weight I've lost. I don't have any friends yet on MFP, but I have been using it on and off again for about three or four years. It would be great to be friends with you!
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi im Nicola im 5ft 4 so a little taller i started mfp nearly 10 weeks ago. I have lost 25 lb. My starting weight was 183 lb my current weight is 158 lb and i have my goal weight set at 145 lb but that may change depending what i look like when im there. I will add you now x
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a couple inches shorter than you but we have similar goals. I started MFP about 50 days ago and have been doing well. I really love the support I have been getting and giving from my friends thru this. It is a huge motivator. Feel free to add me!
  • Tonkarosie
    Options
    Looks like this is the group for me as well. I joined this site and lost a few pounds a year ago. I of course thought a nibble here and there wouldn't really matter...leading to where I am today. I have to put new batteries in the scale to get an accurate weight. Regardless, I know I have gained weight as nothing fits and I am so uncomfortable. I know I am 30 to 40 lbs overweight. Today is the day! Am trying to remember how to figure out this site with the foods etc. Are there example meal plans somewhere?
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me! 5'3" started at 270, currently at 185. My currently goal weight is 150 but will probably change once I get there. :drinker:
  • lbrumsey
    lbrumsey Posts: 19
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm loving all the responses! Super-excited to get to know you all!
  • Tonkarosie
    Options
    Hi Nicole, Wow, congrats on that huge weight loss! I just rejoined this site after being absent nearly a year. I am 5'4" as well and 180 lbs. I am so inspired seeing the weight you have lost in 10 weeks. Are there certain foods you are eating every morning, noon etc? I am looking for easy meal plans on here and am lost.
    Thanks, Kris
  • 40marye
    40marye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me, too, please! This is day 1 for me - just downloaded the Mfp app this morning, and logged 2 meals. Saw the website! I am 5'2", starting at 205 lbs - goal of 140 lbs. I'm 52 years and a serious couch potato. Can I come along?
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", but a bit more than 180. Feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends
  • skierue
    skierue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'3 192 and looking to go down to around 145-155ish. Anyone can feel free to add me. I log every day and try to encourage all my friends.
  • latearia2014
    Options
    I would love for you to add me as well I've been on here for about 3 days. I'm 5'1 about 184 I'm looking to lose at let's 40lbs and I know that will start with eating right.
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat, too. Lost a fair amount of weight here on another account, got complacent and gained it all back. I'm now 5'4 and 190, looking to get to 135-140 eventually.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me....

Height - 5'3"
    SW - 185
    CW - 108
    GW - 105
  • lbrumsey
    lbrumsey Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the responses!!! Can't wait to do this together!!!
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 170 lb. Added you! :wink: