No fruit after 2pm?

Options
Alright, so, I was just reading that because of the sugars in fruit, it's better to not have fruit after 2pm. Thoughts on this?

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Have fruit at any time. It doesn't matter about the sugar in them. The more fruit you eat, the less of something else less healthy you will eat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Alright, so, I was just reading that because of the sugars in fruit, it's better to not have fruit after 2pm. Thoughts on this?

Rubbish!
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    lolwut.jpg
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Why? What happens if you eat after 2pm, you put on more weight than you would before 2pm?

Lmfao :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    the timing of ANY food = irrelevant

I love fruit!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So at 2.01 pm if you eat a piece of fruit what happens? Also what timezones is that? Do you go by daylight saving?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    What happens when I travel in different time zones when do I stop eating fruit?

Don't over think weight loss, calorie deficit (reasonable), moderation, learn portion control and keep it simple. Eat your fruit when you want it, log it and move on.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have any food I want at any time of the day or night.

As long as it fits into my calorie goal for the day / week.

I'm losing ~1 lb a week.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat about 2 cups of berries right before bed....well after 2 pm
    81257-Ron-Swanson-dont-care-gif-lMgn.gif
  • AlyAnnesBack
    Options
    Why do people keep making up these stupid rules/myths? You eat what you eat. Calories in and calories out. While it is actually much more complicated than that, it's all us regular people need to know. Just use your common sense to tell you what good calories you should be taking in and be fit. Living healthy isn't hard to understand to hard to do sometimes.
  • zipperfall
    zipperfall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, to someone justify the idiocy of my question, my sister was watching Blogilates and it was a recommendation of hers.

Source:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xXOu-DtTE4
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    knpohhu
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Why do people keep making up these stupid rules/myths? You eat what you eat. Calories in and calories out. While it is actually much more complicated than that, it's all us regular people need to know. Just use your common sense to tell you what good calories you should be taking in and be fit. Living healthy isn't hard to understand to hard to do sometimes.

Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    oh man im screwed! i eat chocolates before i go to bed.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, to someone justify the idiocy of my question, my sister was watching Blogilates and it was a recommendation of hers.

Source:

I'm going to give you a bit of advice that has helped me in life not just weight loss, when you hear or read an idea, first think about it logically and does it fall into the realm of common sense, if it does research it further.... if it doesn't ignore it and move on.

Good luck
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

Source:
    just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    So at 2.01 pm if you eat a piece of fruit what happens? Also what timezones is that? Do you go by daylight saving?

You will turn into a frog if any fruit is eaten after 2pm!!!!
    Duh!!!I thought everyone knew this!!
    Lol!!!!! :-)
    :-)
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    My thought ! Your statement is totally false.. I work until 10:30 pm. Mon - Fri and eat fruit especially apples throughout the day and night as I want them.. With very little exercise for the past few months, because of an injury, I continue to lose weight weekly because of a calorie deficit and FRUIT is a BIG Part of my diet, yep even At Night !