Luna Bar Consumers or anyone help a rookie here

Options
What's the difference between the Regular Luna Bar and Luna Protein and Luna Fiber? Is it a meal replacement? I havent paid much attention to the bars out there but yesterday the Luna bar caught my attention, plus it was on sale (:

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is look at the labels and compare them
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    yeah, but what are they, meal replacements???
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    No they're just snack bars. I eat the Luna Protein bars because they have more protein than the other bars and I'm allergic to whey. Luna bars use soy.
  • memphiscc
    memphiscc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from the energy bars as a meal replacement. High in calories and carbs. There are some that are low in calories, but lots of sweeteners. Better to eat whole grains to fill up in the morning and a hard boiled egg for breakfast. Use Alton Brown's from Food Network to bake a bunch in the oven. Then snack with veggie and a couple of teaspoons of some kind of protein butter or hummus. Lunch would be a huge salad with chicken. Get a misto from Target and 'spray' on a little olive oil and squeeze a lemon instead of dressing. Dinner - protein, (no bigger than your palm) and more veggies. Try some Kale with crunched up almonds and a chunked up orange heated in microwave for 45 seconds as a side dish.

You can do this! Best of luck to you and your new baby! Remember, if you eat healthy, your baby will grow up eating healthy. Best gift you can ever give them. (Besides toilet training!)
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    they are snacks for me. 190 calories is hardly a meal
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    No, neither is intended to be a meal replacement. The fiber bars have more fiber. If you want to eat them for a meal, fine. As Miamiuu suggested, it's good to read the labels -- on all foods. Learn more about nutrition and what your body needs, and you can take better care of it.
  • Mommyof3lovesyou
    Options
    I use the Luna Bar Protein Bars...they help cool down my overeating, cause the Protein helps make you "feel" fuller.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The luna fiber bars are basically a long fig newton with better nutritional value. I eat them occasionally as a snack, but they are not enough to be a meal replacement.
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're meant to be a meal replacement, more like something that's good for filling macros if you're low on something. I've tried all three and I think they taste better than other comparable brands. I use them as part of my breakfast/lunch or a snack.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    When I used to backpack, I carried a lot of them for mid-morning, mid-afternoon snacks to give me an energy boost, but I don't think they should be used as a meal replacement.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    When I was in college and constantly on the run from practice to class to work, I'd eat at least 1 Luna bar a day. This would usually substitute a mid morning or mid afternoon snack.

My diet looked like: Eggs and veggies for breakfast, luna bar for mid morning snack, tunafish sandwich and water for lunch, carrot sticks for mid afternoon snack, Pasta with sauce and a veggie for dinner. If I could, I'd have an apple, orange or banana in there too for before or after practice calories.

I was so thin then!
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... for sure i learned something new (: