Intermittent Fasting?

Options
I just started the process where I fast two times a week and eat normally the rest. My questions are: Has anyone else tried intermittent fasting? How has it affected your body? And is it something that you can do for the rest of your life without anything negative happening to your body?

Replies

• potatotofries
    potatotofries Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've tried IF, but it's different with the one you're doing.
    My version, in a day you need to do either 16 or 18 (or even 20) hours of fasting, and I could eat anything for the rest of the day (no binge though) so that'd give me 8 or 6 or 4 hours in a day to eat freely. For example, if I'm doing the 18 hours fast, and I start eating at 12pm, I could eat till 6pm, but I can't eat anything anymore after that, till the next day, at 12pm.
    Some people had succeeded, but not me.

I always feel like I need to eat at my break-fast time even though I'm not hungry, because I'm afraid I'd get hungry later, so I ended up eating too much, feeling bloated, etc. It's just not the right diet for me. And I don't like too much freedom in my diet, I like some restrictions. So now, I'm choosing calorie counting combined with regular exercises, and it works pretty good. :)
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My husband has been fasting every other day for over a year (only coffee with half&half, apple juice and herbal tea on non-eating days). He lost 35 lbs. but hasn't lost any for the last 5-6 months. I think he's learned how to eat twice as much on non-fast days, to make up for the fast. Also, since it's been cold he stopped walking. He did get his blood pressure down and hisblood glucose down to normal levels. It's been good for him.