Any pesce-pollotarians out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    That's almost as ridiculous a label as flexitarian....
    i know, right? wasnt that just called omnivore back in the day?
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    *raises hand*
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That's almost as ridiculous a label as flexitarian....
    What do they eat, cables?

Yoga practitioners.
  • leturledout19
    Options
    I'm a pollotarian. The only people I have met that follow my diet are ones of muslim faith. All I can say is its a very easy thing to switch over too and you will feel so much better every day and live a longer happier life :) !
  • Omnidir
    Omnidir Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a pollotarian. The only people I have met that follow my diet are ones of muslim faith. All I can say is its a very easy thing to switch over too and you will feel so much better every day and live a longer happier life :) !

From Urban Dictionary : A pollotarian (aka a pollovegetarian or a pollo-vegetarian) is someone who will not eat the flesh of any red meat mammals, but does include chicken, turkey and other poultry. They may or may not also exclude fish, seafood or products like eggs and dairy from their diet. Reasons for exclusion vary from taste preference to ethical issues.

That sound similar to OP
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about the former Italian President.
  • aquadoxi28
    Options
    That would be me!
    I said no to pork and beef products as of 01/01/14! :)
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I ate that way for over 10 years. No beef or pork, just poultry and a little fish (can't eat seafood, they have something against me and are trying to kill me.) A combination of health and personal preferences. This is the first time I've heard that type of eating labelled though.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Okay well I am a Clinical Dietitian and there are labels for everything and I need to be knowledgeable about this for the sake of my patients. I really don't care about it as a label for me per se, I just thought it was easier for those who follow the diet to find my topic. I really only want to connect to those with a similar lifestyle so that we can share recipes and such.

I follow a similar "diet' but its just taste preference really. I very occasionally eat pork but that's usually at social events when its the only option other than beef. Feel free to add me if you want to share recipes or just want a nice friend, or check out my Pinterest(listed on my profile).
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    "Negative, I am a meat popsicle."

Virtual, calorie free cookie for whomever can name that movie. :glasses:

Also, wow, just noticed how old this thread was...
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    {redacted}
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone out there that practices the pesce-pollotarian diet (eats seafood and poultry but no mammalian meat)? I've followed this diet for 3 years now and I don't know anyone else who does!
    If you do, add me. I'd love to hear about the types of food/recipes you eat/make :)

Tons of people follow that diet. They just say "I don't eat red meat" and leave it at that. Sure you "could" be eating ostrich and that's "red" but not Mammilian, but I think people just don't use those labels.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Okay well I am a Clinical Dietitian and there are labels for everything and I need to be knowledgeable about this for the sake of my patients. I really don't care about it as a label for me per se, I just thought it was easier for those who follow the diet to find my topic. I really only want to connect to those with a similar lifestyle so that we can share recipes and such.

No I eat red meat but I have some really great ways to cook chicken and fish but now I am not sharing :grumble:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    It's not an uncommon practice. If you're looking for creative veggie based meals, pick up an indian cookbook.

Ps: most recipes that call for red meat can be adapted to suit poultry. Except maybe boeuf bourguignon...but then you just make coq au vin instead =)