Please share sample successful daily meal plan!

Options
Most posters on this site only share their information with friends (understandably) but I am really struggling with finding a daily meal plan that works. Would any of you please share a sample daily meal plan that you have found works for you?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit. You can eat anything you want within your calorie goal. I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums, and ignore fat & carbs. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Try prelogging your food the night before. That way you can play around with different combinations of foods to find the best choices to meet your goals.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Most posters on this site only share their information with friends (understandably) but I am really struggling with finding a daily meal plan that works. Would any of you please share a sample daily meal plan that you have found works for you?

Mine is open feel freet to take a look.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My diary is open :) But you don't need a particular meal plan; I don't have one. I usually plan my meals in advance, but it changes often. Just pay attention to calories and plan according to your macros and micros if you'd like.
  • ajlocke
    ajlocke Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for posting! I think that is what I need to get stuck in my head...it is all about a calorie deficit. I keep wanting to buy into the low-carb or gluten-free craze but I suppose it is more about burning more than you are taking in...
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I avoid processed food, and try to stick to "clean eating", oh, and count those calories!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Read the sexy pants link! Learn moderation, find balance in your diet, enjoy yourself ♡ my diary is open as well.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! I think that is what I need to get stuck in my head...it is all about a calorie deficit. I keep wanting to buy into the low-carb or gluten-free craze but I suppose it is more about burning more than you are taking in...

Just eat a healthy well balanced diet at a deficit and you will lose - don't deprive yourself of things you like - find ways to fit them in and enjoy your foods.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Diary is open to the public. Feel free to take a look. And, good luck to you! :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

I know you probably didn't post this in a demeaning way, but some of us are on here eating gluten free or low carb not because it is a craze but because we have allergies, celiac disease, IBS, diabetes, etc. It's not just a craze. :wink:
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My Diary is open. Feel free to look at it. Ask me anything you like. I like variety and Make most of my own food to satisfy myself. I works for me. I never feel deprived. :flowerforyou:
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    eat anything as long as it fits your macros. whats your goal weight? lets calculate
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend and view my diary. But, for the sample you have requested.

Today, I am doing 1/2 cup of slow-cooked old fashioned oatmeal. I prepare it over the stove top. I pour a 1/2 cup of dried oats, and 1 cup of water and boil it with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, I pour it in a small bowl, add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg and 1 teaspoon of organic sugar and stir. Then, I add 1/4 cup of blackberries, 1/8 cup of chopped cranberries, 1/2 of a banana sliced, 1/4 cup of sliced mango or peaches. Then, I eat 1 link of chicken sausage that is stuffed with gouda cheese and apples on the side and 1 cup of Folgers Coffee with 2 tablespoons of International Delight French Vanilla Liquid Creamer.

Lunch: I'm having half of a superfood organic pizza that has kale, rosemary, feta cheese, red onions on pan crust. It is a small pizza, so I will eat half of it.

Dinner: I made some southern-style great northern beans which I had cooked with a ham shank in it and pieces of diced ham in it. I will eat 1 slice of Jiffy cornbread on the side and 1 green onion. I used organic coconut oil to make the cornbread instead of vegetable oil.

Snack: I will have 5 dark-chocolate-covered pretzels.

And lots of water.
  • ResaBoBesa
    ResaBoBesa Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I know you probably didn't post this in a demeaning way, but some of us are on here eating gluten free or low carb not because it is a craze but because we have allergies, celiac disease, IBS, diabetes, etc. It's not just a craze. :wink:

I agree 100%! Unless you medically need to go gluten free, there is no need to. Ignore the Oprah/Dr. Oz/Soccer Mom anti-gluten parade (although, they are giving us Celiac sufferers more options..so thanks!) and keep a good amount of your carbs from whole sources. I wouldn't wish a gluten free diet on my worst enemy, especially when I'm out with friends and the only thing I can eat on the menu is the salad because everything else looks suspicious. :happy:

Edited to add a needed smiley face!
  • ajlocke
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY did not mean my post to be rude or insensitive. Not at all. I have a number of friends who NEED to be gluten free...but I also have many friends who do that to lose weight. Seriously, what I really meant was I always am a victim to falling for the latest trend in losing weight...when really I just need to eat less and move more. Please know I meant no disrespect at all.
  • ajlocke
    Options
    I am 145 (horrors) at 5'9" and goal is 132.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I am 145 (horrors) at 5'9" and goal is 132.
    Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be patient.

And read the Sexypants link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • nerual13
    nerual13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight :

Half can fat free refried beans topped with 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheddar, two eggs fried with cooking spray. Top that with a bit of red enchilada sauce and put two small flour tortillas (6") on the side. 650 calories, takes 10 minutes to make, has 36 grams of protein and is so darn tasty!!!

This does assume you like beans / eggs, but man this meal gets me through!