I am ALMOST my goal weight, IDK if I can keep it

Options
My GW is 120lbs. So I started out at 147lbs at 5ft 7, I lessen my calorie intake and dropped to 143, without working out. Then I did insanity and I lost 13lbs after, then I did Focus T25 and lost 3lbs so I was at 127. I tried to do Insanity again but I injured my knee so I didnt even completed a month, then i have to rest for 4 weeks, no workouts for me but i was maintaining 127 And sticking to 1200 calories, which was my suggested calorie intake for me to lose some weight.

And then last week, I got 2 impacted wisdom teeth extracted, I have been in a liquid diet for 4 days now, i cant chew. I weighed myself this morning and I was surprised to see that I'm at 123lbs now. Idk if i can keep this since I lost the 4lbs from my liquid diet so maybe if I get better and I am finally able to chew, i might get back to 127, but idk :( do you think i can maintain 123?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    To be honest if you are maintaining on 1200 calories a day there is something wrong, esp at 5 ft 7.

I peaked at your diary and there a lot of days not logged so I suspect you are eating more than you think.

Now if you want to maintain at 123 you need to log accurately and consistently...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" I can't imagine trying to be 120 or trying to live on 1200 calories. I hope you're being smart about it all, and best of luck.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason you need your goal weight to be so low?
    It is better to focus on bodyfat% and aim for a weight within the healthy range, that you can maintain without extreme difficulty.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You're eating far more than 1200. You have days not logged and the days that are logged are using pretty inaccurate looking entries. First thing is to get your logging accurate and find out how much you are actually eating. Also you are already at a healthy (but low) BMI so why are you obsessed with that figure?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    After coming off the liquid diet you will gain a few pounds, but not all of them. Calories are calories being liquid or solid. If you've been drinking the same amount of calories you used to eat, then expect some weight loss (126? 125?). I advise you to have a range for goal weight instead of a certain number because weight fluctuates naturally for as much as 5 pounds! If your goal is to be at 120 why not have it be between 119 and 123? It would save you the frustration and you would know what to do - if you go over 123 you are likely overeating for maintenance, if you go under 118 you are likely undereating and need to increase your calories.

To those who are judging her choice of weight goal, it's obvious from the picture she is pretty small framed, and if she is healthy and happy at that weight then so be it. If you do, however, start having health problems due to your chosen weight I hope you have the wisdom to accept a higher but healthier number.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Whatever it is you think you're doing seems really unhealthy.
    You might want to talk to a doctor or someone not only about your diet, but your body image.
    If you're 5'7, 120 is an unreasonably low weight to be shooting for.
  • hannaawh
    hannaawh Posts: 51
    Options
    To those who are judging her choice of weight goal, it's obvious from the picture she is pretty small framed, and if she is healthy and happy at that weight then so be it. If you do, however, start having health problems due to your chosen weight I hope you have the wisdom to accept a higher but healthier number.

^^^ this. Can everybody please read this.
  • hannaawh
    Options
    You might want to talk to a doctor or someone not only about your diet, but your body image.

It is not. It is a weight where you'd be considered skinny, yes, but it is not unreasonable. It's a pretty bikini figure for the summer. It is neither unhealthy nor unreasonable. Do you have to be 120 in order to be freaking attractive and fit? NO. But CAN you be? YES.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

It is not. It is a weight where you'd be considered skinny, yes, but it is not unreasonable. It's a pretty bikini figure for the summer. It is neither unhealthy nor unreasonable. Do you have to be 120 in order to be freaking attractive and fit? NO. But CAN you be? YES.

Actually 120lbs is almost underweight for her height...another 3lbs and it's underweight...
  • amusedmonkey
    Options

Actually 120lbs is almost underweight for her height...another 3lbs and it's underweight...

That's not for us to judge, with the help of her her doctor she would do a much better job at it. I don't get why borderline overweight is okay if someone is large framed, but borderline underweight is not okay if someone is small framed. I know I'm quite large, so my goal weight reflects that fact, but one of my friends is 5'5 and weighs 111. Her hips and frame are really narrow, her ankles and wrists are tiny, and even though she is supposedly underweight she has some visible padding, no protruding bones and perfect health/energy.

These measures are "averages", they're not set in stone. I've always wondered how by losing 1 lb I stopped being morbidly obese and moved to the obese category, as if it was a magic number. Just like using BMI for an athlete is less accurate so is using it for someone who is naturally tiny. That's why I shy away from giving any weight suggestions and just try to answer the question. If her doctor is not complaining, then who are we to complain? If her doctor is not happy, and she is not listening to them, then she won't be listening to us anyway.
  • hannaawh
    Options

That's not for us to judge, with the help of her her doctor she would do a much better job at it. I don't get why borderline overweight is okay if someone is large framed, but borderline underweight is not okay if someone is small framed. I know I'm quite large, so my goal weight reflects that fact, but one of my friends is 5'5 and weighs 111. Her hips and frame are really narrow, her ankles and wrists are tiny, and even though she is supposedly underweight she has some visible padding, no protruding bones and perfect health/energy.

These measures are "averages", they're not set in stone. I've always wondered how by losing 1 lb I stopped being morbidly obese and moved to the obese category, as if it was a magic number. Just like using BMI for an athlete is less accurate so is using it for someone who is naturally tiny. That's why I shy away from giving any weight suggestions and just try to answer the question. If her doctor is not complaining, then who are we to complain? If her doctor is not happy, and she is not listening to them, then she won't be listening to us anyway.

thankyou.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

I actually never said anything about her weight just indicating why people might...if she wants to weight 120 I don't care...my advice is up there somewhere...and no where does it say "you are to slim gain some weight" so perhaps direct this at those who did comment on her weight...
    To be honest if you are maintaining on 1200 calories a day there is something wrong, esp at 5 ft 7.

I peaked at your diary and there a lot of days not logged so I suspect you are eating more than you think.

Now if you want to maintain at 123 you need to log accurately and consistently...
  • amusedmonkey
    Options
    SezxyStef I apologize if that sounded like it was directed at you. My fault I quoted your words just because they fit. I was speaking in general about this attitude that seems to be all over weight loss forums which really discourages people who know their own situation better than anyone else. Again, my apologies. :flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Idk how I got so much hate! HAHAHA it's so funny how people criticizes people who wants to be borderline skinny. I know it's none of your business why I wanna go down to 120, but to ease your minds, I am trying to go down to 120 so it would be easier to build muscles when i can exercise already, so that when i work out it would be easier to see the results. Thanks to those people who gave sensible remarks and answered my question. Lol geez, people these days! I was just asking. And i log on my phone in another Calorie counter app since ot works faster on my phone compared to MFP
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic!!! I'm 5'0 and some weeks I've been maintaining on 1200 calories. I start to lose again when I eat 1100 per day. Everybody's body is different. Good luck to getting to your goal weight :flowerforyou:
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    im 5ft 7 126 pounds and maintaining, i want to work on leaning out now and ive started lifting weights,i actually wudnt mind seein the scales go up, i think 120 is very low for your height and 1200 cals is very low,my maintanence is set at 1650 on this but most days i eat about 1700-2000 and the scaale hasnt budged,...think its time you upped your cals plus 1200 cals a day will only end up making you miserable
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    :laugh: Idk how I got so much hate! HAHAHA it's so funny how people criticizes people who wants to be borderline skinny. I know it's none of your business why I wanna go down to 120, but to ease your minds, I am trying to go down to 120 so it would be easier to build muscles when i can exercise already, so that when i work out it would be easier to see the results. Thanks to those people who gave sensible remarks and answered my question. Lol geez, people these days! I was just asking. And i log on my phone in another Calorie counter app since ot works faster on my phone compared to MFP

Then you need to start lifting now...there is no reason to hold that off...but be prepared you will need to eat more than 1200 calories and you will gain some weight I suspect esp at first with water and glycogen stores

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Here is a great example

BTW I am 5 ft 7 as well...weigh quite a bit more than you and amyk @ 160 but I wear a size 6, still leaning out and looking forward to seeing 20% BF....
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That's why I am looking on going down to 120 first, because I cant workout. First, I got a knee injury and second, I am not getting proper nutrition at this moment since I can eat much, I just went through oral surgery and i cant chew :( I am planning on lifting and gaining maybe 5lbs from it when I get better. I want lean muscles :flowerforyou:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Interesting that you referred to folks comments as "hate" and "criticism".
    Best of luck.