Treadmill inaccuracies

Options
Ok, so i know that the calories burned on treadmill are not accurate, which is why i have a Fitbit. BUT, and it be inaccurate when displaying the miles and pace? I ran this morning and my FitBit showed 1 mile less than the treadmill! I even reset mt FitBit last night(because it wasnt syncing), so im not sure what to think!

Thanks!

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    dont you need to program your stride length? it surely isnt using GPS

that sorta calculation will always be pretty inaccurate... speed and cadence will change and "steps" just isnt accurate.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Gosh, i dont even know how to do that! According to my FitBit, i ran over 5000 steps! But i have no idea what my stride length is. So the treadmill IS wrong then?
  • djwife03
    Options
    Plus my stride changes depending on speed and also what song im listening to! Lol
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    No, the fit bit is most likely wrong. You aren't moving, so it can't accurately track distance.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Plus my stride changes depending on speed and also what song im listening to! Lol

my point exactly.... cadence changes... just trust the treadmill
  • djwife03
    Options
    Thanks so much! I was freaking out thinking that i just ran for 50 mins at 5.5mph and didnt go as far as i thought! WHEW! I work hard so its important i have something that relays the same message!
  • thavel
    thavel Posts: 4
    Options
    Also, make sure if the Treadmill has the ability to input your weight and age. I found that the treadmill I was using at the gym was consistently telling me that I burn 398 calories on my work out that I do the same every time. When I asked the trainer if it makes a difference putting weight and age in....which I didn't know you could on the ones I was using, she said yes it can. So on my work out today I set the treadmill to my weight and age... btw the default setting on it was 150 lbs age 25... LOL not even close to me, I am 232 lbs at 43. Well my same workout produced 607 calories burned on the same treadmill!!