When you just need chocolate...for breakfast!

Options
hayley5680
hayley5680 Posts: 36 Member
Hi ya'll.
I'm new to this board, and didn't see a thread where I could post this. Hopefully, some of you enjoy my Chocolate Fudge Oatmeal recipe! Here goes:

1/4 c. quick oats
1/2 c. milk
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
dash salt

Put all ingredients in a saucepan over med-hi heat. Whisk till combined and heat till thickened to desired consistency.

Super easy..WAAAAYYY too good.
About 240 calories per serving and can be doubled if you want to share! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Saving this for when the chocolate craving hits.
  • Candylady123
    Candylady123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing,going to try this don't like oatmeal maybe the chocolate will help.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!! I do something similar but with more protein.

Steel cut oats, greek yogurt and chocolate protein powder!! :love:
  • veggiemama81
    veggiemama81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with chocolate for breakfast! I get my fix by mixing a scoop of chocolate protein powder into my yogurt and then throwing some thawed strawberries on top.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Heard if you're craving chocolate, you may be low on magnesium. It's something pretty important--you might want to check it out. Not wanting to mess with anyone's heads here--go ahead and eat the chocolate! Just also see if you might need magnesium.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I stir Stonewall Kitchen's chocolate-raspberry jam into my oatmeal sometimes. So good!
    http://www.stonewallkitchen.com/shop/speciality-foods/jams-jellies-butters/jams/Chocolate-Raspberry-Jam.html
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks.
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    Options
    Oo boy. Saved in my recipe file. :-)…
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Will make this for my husband and I soon!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Typically I just add some chocolate protein powder, but this sounds better, lol. I just wish oatmeal filled me up.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I enter the ingredients and it's 340 calories with 2% milk. Will still try though.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a jog with the kiddo to the local bakery and grabbing a pain au chocolat.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do a similar recipe with 1/3 cup (or 30g quick oats), nuked with water, then cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and artifical sweetener. Then about 1/4 cup skim milk.
  • Francl27
    Options
    This is really good! Thanks!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to come back & say thanks! My husband and I had this for breakfast today. We used almond milk and less brown sugar for a total of 140 cal/serving and it was amazing. Chocolatey for sure, but not too sweet. Topped it with 1/2 banana and yummmm
  • Nanette117
    Nanette117 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't drink them often but an Atkins chocolate shake is decent and fills me up until lunch.
  • Francl27
    Options
    This deserves a bump.

It's really thick though... I'll add a bit more milk next time (although I guess it is very fudge like).
  • jenpet1980
    jenpet1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yum, gotta try!
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm :)
  • chickauthentic
    Options
    My favorite is a jog with the kiddo to the local bakery and grabbing a pain au chocolat.

:love: