Does this technology exist?

Options
I have both a Fitbit Flex and a Polar HRM. I HATE the chest band and the watch always turns off when I wear weight lifting gloves. Isn't there something that combines all the features without the chest band? They don't sell the Fitbit Force anymore - recall, so I'm at a loss. All of them seem to have one of the features but not the other. Anyone more tech savvy than me out there with the answer?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you're wearing a HRM for weight lifting as it wont be accurate. HRM are designed for steady state cardio only so there is no real need to wear it for lifting
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you're wearing a HRM for weight lifting as it wont be accurate. HRM are designed for steady state cardio only so there is no real need to wear it for lifting

This. There's nothing I know of that accurately tracks weight lifting calories. The FitBit won't either.
  • LadyBos
    LadyBos Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know the HRM doesn't calculate accurately for weight lifting. I also do cardio. I'm just looking for an all in one device, without a chest strap, that will cover whatever form of workout I'm doing. Sometimes I do both in one session at the gym.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you don't like your HRM, why use it? Log your lifting & other non–step based exercise in Fitbit.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is the BodyMedia arm band, but you have to pay monthly for the service that comes with it. Not worth it in my opinion. Just set a TDEE and just see the forest and forget about the trees.
  • LadyBos
    Options
    I like the HRM, I don't like that it has a chest strap. What's nice about it is that you can program your own age, weight, etc. into it and keep an eye on your heart rate while you lift. Some types of lifting get my heart rate soaring. Like I said, there's aspects to both items that I really like, I just wish I could find them combined into one device without a chest strap.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Check out the Adidas MiCoach, http://micoach.adidas.com/. I'm still looking into it myself but the promo thing on the page said strapless hrm.
  • LadyBos
    Options
    I was JUST cruising the BodyMedia site and saw the dang monthly fee. I thought I'd hit the jackpot, but...denied!
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This but there are mixed reviews on how accurate the HRM is when one is running: http://www.cnet.com/products/basis-band/
  • rezrighter
    Options
    just did a quick search, this popped up... Scosche Rhythm Strapless Pulse Monitor or Scosche Rythym Armband Heart Rate Monitor, as long as you got a smartphone... who hasn't these days.
  • LadyBos
    Options
    just did a quick search, this popped up... Scosche Rhythm Strapless Pulse Monitor or Scosche Rythym Armband Heart Rate Monitor, as long as you got a smartphone... who hasn't these days.

OK, now that's way cool. I also found something called a Mio Link - it's pretty new, but looks like it might meet my specs. :)