Nutrition info in database

Options
Has anyone noticed that the nutrition info for foods in the database seem to come strictly from the label. For example, foods containing lots of Potassium seem to be listed at 0 grams probably because it's not on the label. Until I realized this, I was panicking when I looked at the MFP report on my potassium input and was getting ready to go buy a supplement or get a prescription. Since MFP has a report tracking potassium, it would make sense for them to make it a point to include it in the database listings. Anyone care to comment?

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    You can correct any listings you want. Never done it before but I hear it's pretty straightforward. Personally I consider any listing that contains more than just the calories a win :laugh:
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Not sure how one would know how much potassium to enter into the database for each food if it has not been captured on the food label. Many people add foods from taking a picture from their phone of the product bar which automatically adds the food to their diary. You could always look up foods for their potassium content, add it yourself to the DB and it would then show up in your tab of MyFoods. You may also want to google "foods high in potassium" and be sure you add some of those into your menus.