New to the Boards!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Amy and I've been on myfitnesspal streak for 55 days. I've lost fifteen pounds so far (as you can see) and it's been very nice. I've always been overweight (and I am still considered morbidly obese at a BMI of 40.)
I was offered LapBand surgery and I did not take it because I was scared of things in my body.
I have also been majorly depressed (so that probably helps the weight loss.)
Considering my morbid obesity, it's been easy to lose weight fast (I just need to stop myself from eating everything!)
I was definitely a chronic over-eater and now I need to work to reach my calorie goal!
Plus I frequent the gym.
I work the stair stepper, bike and treadmill (any other suggestions for a flabby, pear-shaped female?)

Aaaaaaand that's about it thanks in advance for any advice on food, fitness, lifestyle, vitamins!
:)

PS. Currently 281 at 5'10''.

Replies

• _KrisMarie
    Options
    Congrats on taking control and starting the journey! And welcome to the community... :smile:
  • ashutosh0015
    ashutosh0015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice change and progress , just give your body a bit more time to change !!just make sure you r eating right and if you are frequent at gym don't go overboard on dieting, body needs protein and calorie to sustain muscles !!give another 30-40 days !!best of luck
  • thegasper
    Options
    Thanks so much guys <3
  • ToogieTuesday
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track... so far so good.

I agree with the other posts...remember to never stinge out on your protein, especially when working out. And ensure you're not starving by the time you do get around to eating (like what I'm guilty of :P 'tis not good for the ole' metabolism).

Feel free to add me ... motivate motivate motivate!
  • thegasper
    Options
    I've actually been doing well with my protein (surprisingly) because of all the chicken I like to eat with spinach or some tuna. Plus I like to nomnomnom on fiber bars and protein bars.