30 day shed

Options
So I am just wondering how many people have done or is doing the 30 day shed.. I want to start it. I see so many before and after pics and it seems worth the effort. I already go to the gym 3 days a week but looking for something a bit different I can do at home. Looking to see how affective it is.

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. It's fun for me, but difficult...especially level 2, which I'm on now. Walking planks = hard!
  • sbirrittier
    Options
    Are you seeing results
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I finished it recently. I wasn't looking to really lose any more weight but I did lose 3 lbs. I hadn't exercised much lately. Ok ever. Lol so I just wanted to start doing something. I do notice my stomach is firmer too and the muscles in my arms are more noticeable. My profile pic is after but I don't have a before so idk how helpful it is. Like I said I only lost 3 lbs though.

I think if someone has a fair amount of weight to lose and it just starting to get into eating right and exercising they would probably see more dramatic results. It was fun though and I didn't mind doing it at all which was important for me so I did like it.
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 yesterday. I woke up this morning and omg, my abs were, well still are sore. Just did my workout about an hour ago. When I did the first the walking plank and went done for a push up, I hit the floor. My abs could not handle it. So I just followed Anita. I love the 30ds though. It is tough but I lost an inch in my butt and hips and 1/2 in my waist with the first level.
  • neveragain84
    Options
    Are you seeing results

A little... not as much on the physical side, but my fitness and endurance has really improved. Plus I think it's really fun.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Is this where you build a shed in 30 days?
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    ShRed* :flowerforyou:
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I had to!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I did day one level 1 yesterday and my butt, chest and back are sore. I am also reminded that 30 day Shred kills my knees. I use proper form so that isn't the problem with my knees. I also iced my knee yesterday. Chalean Extreme was so much better for my joints, yet I am bored with it and decided to see if 30 DS will do anything for me. I will try to get thru the 30 days if my knees will cooperate.
  • neveragain84
    Options
    I did day one level 1 yesterday and my butt, chest and back are sore. I am also reminded that 30 day Shred kills my knees. I use proper form so that isn't the problem with my knees. I also iced my knee yesterday. Chalean Extreme was so much better for my joints, yet I am bored with it and decided to see if 30 DS will do anything for me. I will try to get thru the 30 days if my knees will cooperate.

For me it was my toes... so much stress on the toes doing pushups and planks.
  • sbirrittier
    Options
    Thanks guys. im pretty use to working out. really looking more into toning I stopped looking at number a long time ago. Im build strong so I figure a workout that is used for fitness is what I need. Sometimes I need more then just the gym. Im having a hard time for losing weight for some reason, maybe it's because im use to the lifestyle. I know it's good to shake it up from time to time.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I started it on Saturday. I've done it before but it's been several months. I'm only doing day 2 today, as my Sunday schedule with church and travel (I live an hour bus ride from where I go to church), I didn't have time to do it yesterday. I am going to do it tonight. (Even though my leg muscles are screaming at me right now)
  • sbirrittier
    Options
    Just wondering what to put in for my fitness when I do it.? Id like to track it in my workouts but it's hard to get a point on how many calories I would burn
  • Gstew62
    Gstew62 Posts: 1
    Options
    Running and walking outside is good. works fast on weight loss.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm completed Level 1 last week and started on Level 2 on Wednesday of last week. I missed Saturday & Sunday because I was out of town but will be back again today after work. Level 2 is tough....and I really feel it in my knees...I'm dtermined, however, to complete the level! I lost 3 lbs doing level 1....but I believe I'm losing more inches than anything.
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The first time I did 30DS I lost 4 pounds, and a total of 3 inches in the first 10 days. But I wasn't very active then. I have recently just started this one again, and am currently on Day 5. As for calorie burn, get a HRM!!!! I can't stress that enough. The first time I did it, I used moderate aerobics on MFP as my calculator since they don't have 30DS and it had me around 280 calories burned. When I went out and got a HRM, I discovered I was burning around 150-160!
  • sholman1114
    Options
    I'm brand new with MFP, can someone explain to me what the 30 day shed is...or tell me where to find it on the website?
    Thanks!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's a DVD by Jillian Michaels. There are 3 levels and you do each leave for 10 days. The levels consists of 3 min of weight training, 2 min of cardio and 1 min of abs. You do that 3 times along with a warm up and cool down. You can find it on you tube.
  • sbirrittier
    Options
    I do need to get a HRM I know it's much better then guessing lol
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did it 2 years ago before our wedding. I only lost 2 pounds, but I lost 7 inches (3 from my waist), I think it is worth it!

I am starting p903x with my husband today!