BREAKFAST IDEAS!

Options
Hi All,
If anyone has some great breakfast ideas they could throw my way, I would greatly appreciate it! Getting to the point where I am burnt out on cereal and oatmeal...I'm a college student...quick, easy and cheap is my route of choice ;);) Just tell me what you have!! :):)

-cait

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You could always try a health shake or something, or a breakfast bar.
  • Evermyre
    Options
    Just discovered this one this morning. Dont' know how much you're watching your carbs, but low cal bagel with laughing cow cheese wedge. Just fantastic! When I make it it's undeer 200 calories.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Breakfast bars, fruit and yogurt (maybe with granola?), breakfast pockets (lean pockets), bagel thins with laughing cow cheese, frozen breakfast burritos (I eat the gluten free ones that you can get at whole food/organic type stores and they're like 175-200 cals), etc. Good luck!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this one this morning. Dont' know how much you're watching your carbs, but low cal bagel with laughing cow cheese wedge. Just fantastic! When I make it it's undeer 200 calories.

HAHA I posted the same thing as you at the same time. Yay laughing cow cheese and bagel thins!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Right now I have been having a glass of Carnation Instant Breakfast Chocolate Sugar Free with 1% Milk. (You mix it) It is right around 150 calories. :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Protein shake blended with fruit
    Scrambled eggs with/out toast
    Greek yogurt & fruit

I think they should all be under 300 cals and easy enough to prepare :)
  • RonaZway
    Options
    Egg whites, a small wheat tortilla and some salsa! Yummmm! Try different kinds of salsa, I've been in to a peach one lately.. Nice twist :) Or take a 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal and hand beat in 4-5 egg whts. Cook like pancakes (makes two) Either serve with sugar free syrup or a little PBJ and low sugar jelly and roll like a crape.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oatcakes with PB and fruit (sliced apple or berries are my favourites).

3 = 248 cals and keeps you going for ages :o)
  • scootersmommy
    Options
    "hungry Girl" has a few breakfast recipes that I like. I make the grab and go "cookie". The ingredients are odd and expensive at first, but the more you make them (to use up your pile of odd ingredients), the cheaper they are to make. She also has a "pizza" omlette that is awsome. I make it at least 3-4 times a week. All of her recipes are under 200 calories. She has several cook books or you can just google hungry girl recipes, and it will be totally free!
  • stewster123
    Options
    YUM~so many ideas already! :) Thanks everyone!!!
  • Mrsbostwick
    Mrsbostwick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As I write this I am eating a Jimmy Dean D-Light breaskfast sandwich. 230 calories. This one is an english muffin, cheese, with an egg, and canadian bacon!
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    two eggs over easy on whole grain toast...I dont have it every morning...just when I need a revamp...I discovered greek yogurt this morning and I love it! I also like plain grits (no butter or anything) with one packet of truvia (in georgia we call them sweet grits) lol or oatmeal
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    To spice up my oatmeal this morning I added Cinnamon and half an apple I cut into small bite size pieces. It was very yummy. I also like fruit and cottage cheese.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Slice up an apple (I like Fuji) and dip it in 1 TBS of melted peanut butter. :love:
  • afred29
    Options
    I pre make Breakfast sandwiches-
    Wheat Double fiber enlish muffin-100 cals.
    Egg-70 cals
    Turkey Sausauge-100 cals.

Just pop them in the microvave for a minute or so.
  • Concordborn
    Concordborn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever gone big on breakfast, I like to keep it simple with just a bagel or english muffin with some all-natural peanut butter and a glass of milk. :)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I have 2 slices of bacon and an egg white omelette with reduced fat swiss cheese for breakfast (I frequently toss in some mushrooms that I've steamed the night before).

160 calories and the fat keeps me full FOREVER.

Charmagne
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today was 2 bars of Nature Valley Oat & Honey. 2 bars come in a pack and they're 190 calories of deliciousness that keep me full until lunch.
  • dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    I too eat oatmeal and malt-o-meal and put a 1/4 cup of sugar free maple syrup in it. You can also check out my diary for other choices I have eaten as well. Some are different, but definitely easy and quick. If you can't see it let me know.
  • stewster123
    Options
    Slice up an apple (I like Fuji) and dip it in 1 TBS of melted peanut butter. :love:

Wow...I feel like you know me!! :) LOOOVE peanut butter!