100 day journey

as a kind of non-scientific experiment on the theory that a person can put up with anything for a finite amount of time, I am doing a 100 day diet. I am in my 6th day and have lost 5 pounds....all water I am sure. somehow it makes it easier to not have empty calories, because I can say, heck, surely I can go 100 days without a cookie, or beer, or chips, or whatever. I mean, its 100 days. So I am here to learn from your adventures into healthy living and record my day to day stress and emotions and challenges for this experiment. any info, feedback or advice is very welcome. come and join me if you like. its only a hundred days and half of that is on the way to the valentine challenge. :laugh: so I am almost there already. its funny how you look at things differently with that attitude. like with the exercise, how can I burn 500 a day? that's a gimme pound off each week. and if I can do that and end up with a calorie deficit at the end of the night, I will lose more. so, hit me will all your suggestions. tried and true or oddball. I want this to be as interesting and as exciting as I can. and I would love help with my journey. thanks:heart:

Replies

• flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    as a kind of non-scientific experiment on the theory that a person can put up with anything for a finite amount of time, I am doing a 100 day diet. I am in my 6th day and have lost 5 pounds....all water I am sure. somehow it makes it easier to not have empty calories, because I can say, heck, surely I can go 100 days without a cookie, or beer, or chips, or whatever. I mean, its 100 days. So I am here to learn from your adventures into healthy living and record my day to day stress and emotions and challenges for this experiment. any info, feedback or advice is very welcome. come and join me if you like. its only a hundred days and half of that is on the way to the valentine challenge. :laugh: so I am almost there already. its funny how you look at things differently with that attitude. like with the exercise, how can I burn 500 a day? that's a gimme pound off each week. and if I can do that and end up with a calorie deficit at the end of the night, I will lose more. so, hit me will all your suggestions. tried and true or oddball. I want this to be as interesting and as exciting as I can. and I would love help with my journey. thanks:heart:
  • :flowerforyou:
    Hey there flachix, I think I like your idea. 100 days out of maybe 30,000 days in my life could be do-able. I like the concept that for 100 days I could do without something(s). I will try it and see what happens.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Sounds great. I am going to really think about what I am going to cut out. I think it will be going out to lunch. Meet for coffee instead. I will start on the 1st.
    Thank for the idea flachix!
  • flachix
    great to see you!!
    giving up empty calories is not an easy task. . :drinker:
    but with the 100 day limit its not all that difficult, plus, its easy to know if I can have it or not. If its a meat, veg, fruit or fat its ok. those are the only essentials with nutritional values. I will have to check on grains like oatmeal. no cookies, no crackers, no processed carbs, even potatoes and corn are out for me. When I want something sweet, I eat an apple. but now I want to become more inventive with the foods available and see if I can make them all into something.
    let me know what you choose, and what ideas you can come up with.
    hope you are successful as well.
  • icandoit
    I am adding to my 100 day journey. I am cutting out white flour. :cry:
  • my 100 goal is NO white flour,potatoes or corn.Salad garden here I come.
  • flachix
    WOW, those are great choices. white flour has no nutritional value that's for sure. and there are lots of things made with it too. I am going to the kitchen this very moment to make some healthy snacks. egg whites, here I come. laugh. I am not a huge bread fan, except its convenient to use to make a sandwich. any suggestions for substitutes?
  • icandoit
    Make some egg whites with fresh asparagus. It is so good. I love to do eggs with veggies!!
  • flachix
    never tried the asapragus with egg whites. I love most veggies. been really busy for end of month at work, but still going strong. day 10 of the 100 day journey that started for me 12/26/07. have lost 6 pounds so far, and actually more than that, cause I ate and drank buckets for the holidays. I am having trouble with munchie cravings though. I used to eat popcorn. but that's out. and don't want veggies. I tried to bake apple chips. failed miserably. :noway: maybe I am doing it wrong. so, everyone else doing ok on the 100 days? where are you on it? is giving up what you chose harder than you thought? The last couple of days has been harder than the beginning. Maybe I need to go to the store and restock the shelves? hope you are all doing great too. stick to it. its only 100 days. :flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I think I will try too....:smile:

my goal

5 servings of fruits a veggies and a multivitamin everyday. :grumble:

The day is pretty much over for me now so, start date January 5th.
  • flachix
    day 12 out of a hundred days, down 7 pounds. :flowerforyou: that seriously rocks. its was very difficult for a couple of days about a week into it, then it smoothed out again. I noticed it was stress. keeping a written journal helps as well. I wonder how many people do that too. no empty calories is a bit harder than I thought too. lots of stuff has it in addition to the good stuff. unless I count ketchup as a veggie.:laugh: and steak sauce. although the ones I get are sugar free or low carb they are still empty.
  • icandoit
    Still no white flour and no going to lunch,