Hi I'm brand new here and I am in need of daily motivation!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm 22 and newly single mother to a 6 month old baby girl.. I'm in desperate need of losing 50pds a goal of 2 pds per week. I live in a house full of people who love fast food fried food and junk food... Everyone here is overweight unmotivated and unhealthy. I don't want my daughter ending up the same way.. Plus I would love to be able to chase her around in a few months.. I really am ready for a change!! I can taste it.. Go figure.. Just feel like I can't without support and all of this junk food surrounding me. I have a gym membership and would absolutely loveeeee to go to daily but being a single mother I can't make it , so all my exercising would have to be home... Ugh I really need help knowing where to start and I need help with motivation! Please help me out!

Replies

• amyc115
    amyc115 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! You've got your work cut out for you. Trying to diet and take care of a baby is a task as well as living with those who have bad habits. I've done both of these and it's not easy but it's doable. Joining MFP is a great place to start. There is tons of support on here. You've got an add from me! Good luck hon!
  • JeremyMerrin
    JeremyMerrin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This a great place for support as amy mentioned, there are plenty of groups and challenges that you can join or participate in. Perhaps if others see you setting the example in your living situation they might decide to follow suit but even if they don't be true to you and remember why you came here. For you and your baby. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • pikaboooo
    pikaboooo Posts: 54
    Options
    :D heyyyy
    yooo, i totallyknow how u feel, i want to lose around 50 by the end of summer too!.. well at least hopefully i can haha.. but thast not my ultimate goal weight yuet.

altho. im ilke in neeed of motivation too! hit me up or add me if u ever need, im down to help one another. :D we can help each other and give support! im turning 22 too this year and i relaizd im getting old :c i iwant to be skinny before i gradate from college
    :(
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hey all good luck hitting your goals.I know you can do it..feel free to add me for motivation.
  • livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on your baby girl! MFP is a great place to get the motivation that you need! You can do it! I get on here most days! feel free to add me! We can stay connected and keep each other motivated! Any one is welcome to add me! Hope to talk to you soon!
  • sonia2777
    sonia2777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hello everybody, i am sonia from india currently working in dubai, i started using MFP just 20 days back and lost 2 kgs so far.

please guide me on this, i weight 78 kgs and take 15000 steps a day(i am using my walking mate to count my steps) can you please tell me how helpful is that, i mean by taking 15000 steps how many calories am i buring?

a prompt reply will be appreciated

thanks and regards
    sonia
  • laura00218
    Options
    There are many at-home programs that give amazing results as long as you're willing to put in the work. I'm a military wife living overseas with 3 kids, so needless to say I don't get the opportunity to get to the gym often. All of my workouts are done at home super early in the morning before the kids get up (my husband goes to work at 4am, so I try to get up somewhere around there). You just need to find a program you enjoy and will actually stick with. Personally, I love p90x but there are TONS of great ones out there for you to try!
  • rimi_naushad
    rimi_naushad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Heyy

Im also new here, joned this morning, im getting fat as im doin desk job, so just wanna loose weight like 10-15kgs , Hope to see like minded ppl here and hey Congrats for your baby girl :D:happy:
  • Rafter88
    Rafter88 Posts: 63
    Options
    I agree Laura, find a program you enjoy and will actually stick with. true to the word..
  • dchief30
    dchief30 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    you can add me