meal replacement shakes.....

Options
Hi all...

is there any meal replacement shakes out on the UK market that does not use milk to make them up?

I don't like milkshakes, so need an alternative.

Thanks in advance

xx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi all...

is there any meal replacement shakes out on the UK market that does not use milk to make them up?

Thanks in advance

xx

eat proper food, learn portion control and balancing your macros.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi all...

Thanks in advance

xx
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hi all...

Thanks in advance

xx

eat proper food, learn portion control and balancing your macros.

This.

To answer your question though, I don't know of any. If you really feel the need to drink shakes for whatever reason, why don't you make your own? Mix unflavoured protein powder into a fruit smoothie, for example. It's more nutritious and probably cheaper.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Be careful of these meal replacement shakes. Most of them have ingredients that will prevent you from losing weight and may even cause you to gain.

Protein should be eaten as a food.

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Be careful of these meal replacement shakes. Most of them have ingredients that will prevent you from losing weight and may even cause you to gain.

what?! eating more calories than you need causes you to gain, nothing else...
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

what?! eating more calories than you need causes you to gain, nothing else...

It's just the "sugar is evil" mindset.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You would be better looking up and making your own shakes with lots of fruit and veg! I dont think there are any but you might be able to make some with water if you ask ?
  • misspixiep
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful replies, to those who said about portion control, I know all about it... but just want a kick up the *kitten* to get me going again....

• BriTyler3
    BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Pure protein shake in vanilla cream flavor, one banana cut into slices, and 1/2 handful of Graham cracker pie crust : put it in a blender and it tastes so good ! Tastes just like banana pudding : It's actually better the next day because the protein has a bit of an after taste.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think what those who are against meal replacement shakes are trying to tell you is it's a quick fix that isn't always the healthiest or most filling option. For 184 calories (less than what is in your average meal replacement shake) you can have 2 cups of an egg drop soup (without a thickener), and a big bowl of spinach and arugula with a little bit of feta cheese, and a tbsp of homemade salad dressing made with red wine vinegar and olive oil. That's ALOT of food, for less calories than you will get from any meal replacement shake. That meal I just described fills up two big sized bowls and leaves you feeling very full. It has no sugar and no preservatives, is all natural, and healthy. Personally, I'm not all for replacement shakes because I would rather have two big bowls of food than half a glass of liquid.

If they sell right size smoothies there, you can mix if with water and it tastes okay. Not my favorite, and I'd rather have real food, but it might be worth Looking to see if they sell it there, or your may be able to order some online,

Your best bet will always be one you make at home, because that way you know what's in it :)