Do this diet sound healthy to you?

Options
I was looking up some good diet programs and i saw this. Does this sound very healthy, for me it really doesn't:
Also hi i'm new here ^_^

Monday
Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple, 1 sweet potato

Lunch: chicken breast salad

Dinner: 8 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Tuesday
Morning: 1 slice of toast, low-fat milk

Lunch: 1 sweet potato

Dinner: 8 strawberries, 5 cherry tomatoes

Wednesday

Lunch: 1 sweet potato, 5 cherry tomatoes

Dinner: 5 strawberries, 1 cucumber

Thursday

Lunch: chicken breast, 8 strawberries

Dinner: 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Friday
Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple

Lunch: 3 eggs, 1 cucumber, 5 cherry tomatoes

Dinner: 10 strawberries, 1 cucumber

Saturday

Dinner: 1 tofu, 3 cherry tomatoes

Sunday
Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple, low-fat milk

Dinner: 1 cucumber

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    No to me it looks very low in calories.
  • funkyforager
    funkyforager Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    it looks to light, your body will go into starvation mode as there isnt enough for your normal day to date calory burn let alone a healthy calorie deficit.... its healthy but not enough food to make it really healthy... eat more :o)
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    That looks incredibly low calorie, not to mention boring. It basically cycles the same foods over and over. And why so little for dinner? Where's all the protein? I can't find the appeal in having a few fruits as a main meal, sorry. I consider those snacks, which I don't even see listed.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :)

There is really no need to search for a speciel diet. Just eat what you want (look at protein/fat/carb ratio a bit) and stick to the calories that mfp gives you. All you need is a deficit (which mfp already gives you) and you will lose weight. No special diet regimen required. If you want you can add exercise to the lot, you don't have to but if you do, ieat back your exercise calories.

Give this a little read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

And sorry the teacher in me has me say: Does(!) this diet sound healthy to you?
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    No, too low calorie, too low protein, too low fat.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    No. Who on earth recommended this?

Low calorie, low fat, low protein.
  • hellybelle1
    hellybelle1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Gosh that looks like a starvation diet. You'll have zero energy. Be careful :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Dinner: 8 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

that is not dinner, that is not even a snack...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you're not a korean celebrity then its not the diet for you...
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    The choices are healthy but just not enough food in each meal.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    No. 8 cherry tomatoes and 1 cucumber is a snack, not a meal. If you want to set yourself up for failure it's the perfect diet because after 2 days you'll be so hungry you'll eat everything in sight.
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say this because I'm half-Korean. Half the diets on that website are ridiculous. Besides all those Koreans have to compete against each other to get parts in those Korean Soaps my parents watch everyday. If you're going to follow a diet from that link at least follow the one by Yoon Eun Hye. She at least has protein in her diet plan. Korean food is relatively healthy because it's full of vegetables and fruit with some protein, but because of that you can over eat pretty easily. Keep in mind most of female Asians (some men too) are skinny fat, meaning the look thin, but like half their body weight is fat. So exercise.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation for the path to sexypants thread (linked to in a previous post above)

you need 3 things:

1. a calorie deficit for fat loss (too big a deficit can be counterproductive as it leads to bingeing and in the long term can cause health issues)

2. balanced macronutrients (i.e. protein, fat, carbs in balanced amounts) plus exercise for healthy bones and strong muscles (i.e. healthy body composition

3. micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) for health

That's it. Anything else is unnecessary. And no, that diet does not sound remotely healthy to me. Feed your body properly and aim for health, not a number on the scale.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I think if you are posting a thread called 'does this diet look healthy to you?' - you already know the answer.

Aim to hit your MFP calorie goal - log your exercise and food and hit your macros.

Good luck.
  • bekamullin
    bekamullin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just looking at the link you provided

"Seo In Young’s “Banana” Diet
    Lost 6 kgs in 4 weeks

Banana diet, discovered by pharmacist Sumiko Watanabe, is also known as the “glamour diet” because it enables your face to become smaller, burns your waist and belly fat while making your breasts more full.

Morning: 1~2 bananas, 2 cups of water (For breakfast, only have fresh bananas and room temperature water.)
    Lunch: Anything can be eaten for lunch and dinner / healthy and non-greasy Korean meal
    Snack: have 1/2 ~ 1 banana when feeling hungry
    Dinner: Anything can be eaten for lunch and dinner / Korean meal mostly composed of rice and herbs"

Ok i'll eat whatever I want, add a few bananas in there and i'll be skinny with big boobs?

Please don't get your info off sites like this, you don't want to get stuck in the crash diet/binge eating cycle
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Lost 6 kgs in 4 weeks

Banana diet, discovered by pharmacist Sumiko Watanabe, is also known as the “glamour diet” because it enables your face to become smaller, burns your waist and belly fat while making your breasts more full.

Morning: 1~2 bananas, 2 cups of water (For breakfast, only have fresh bananas and room temperature water.)
    Lunch: Anything can be eaten for lunch and dinner / healthy and non-greasy Korean meal

Dinner: Anything can be eaten for lunch and dinner / Korean meal mostly composed of rice and herbs"

Ok i'll eat whatever I want, add a few bananas in there and i'll be skinny with big boobs?

Please don't get your info off sites like this, you don't want to get stuck in the crash diet/binge eating cycle

woo that's like my diet. But I substitute the breakfast with some proper breakfast (3egg omelette with spinach on wholemeal bread, coffee and an orange juice) so basically I eat what I want plus bananas for snacks... does that count?
    I didn't get big boobies from it though :(
  • bekamullin
    bekamullin Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Lost 6 kgs in 4 weeks

woo that's like my diet. But I substitute the breakfast with some proper breakfast (3egg omelette with spinach on wholemeal bread, coffee and an orange juice) so basically I eat what I want plus bananas for snacks... does that count?
    I didn't get big boobies from it though :(

The problem is 'eat what you want' is broad it can't really be considered a diet! So this could be really healthy or really unhealthy. Bananas are super healthy but I don't thing I'd eat more than one in a day (not that this is bad really, but there's so many other types of fruit i'd like to vary!). As well the boobs thing is ridiculous. Your boobs are fat so you're never going to burn fat and get bigger boobs. If only :'(
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

The problem is 'eat what you want' is broad it can't really be considered a diet! So this could be really healthy or really unhealthy. Bananas are super healthy but I don't thing I'd eat more than one in a day (not that this is bad really, but there's so many other types of fruit i'd like to vary!). As well the boobs thing is ridiculous. Your boobs are fat so you're never going to burn fat and get bigger boobs. If only :'(

That's the point "diets" are temporary fixes and hlelp you lose weight but once you go back to "eating what you want" you gain back the weight.

The key here is eat what you want in reasonable portions that maintain your calorie deficet.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    No. not in the least.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Yes, it would work but it would be unsustainable, boring and would result in weight gain when "normal" eating was resumed. Slow weight loss is the most successful!