Found my replacement for Diet Pop!!

Options
I got some of that vitamin water last night!! love it!! I only drink 1 diet drink a day.. I am going to replace it with the vitamin water a serving of it!!!

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sparkling juice, like Izze, is also a great replacement for soda. It doesn't have any added sugar, it's just carbonated juice.
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I went thru withdrawls from my diet mt dew. Im now drinking crystal light. I only have a diet soda if I go out to eat.
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Crystal light is just as dangerous as diet soda. Has nutra sweet. Artificial sweeteners is at the core of our societies health problems.
  • SKelley1218
    SKelley1218 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    walmart has these really good sparkling waters that I get every once in a while. I think that the orange flavor tastes like a lighter version of orange soda and the lime one is really good too. I do not drink these often but they are a good option especially if you are craving something bubbly!
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chacaruso, that's a bold claim and should be backed up by scientific evidence before you go spouting such things.

I agree that massive amounts of nutrasweet will kill rats or cause cancer in them. But, that actually happens to rats fairly often when that's ALL that they are fed.
    Decent studies showing adverse effects of artificial sweeteners are usually done on rats, and involve the equivalent of you ingesting pounds of this sweetener PER DAY.

The "core of our society's health problems" is probably somewhere else. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it has much less to do with artificial sweeteners than our culture of overeating and not moving for several hours a day. (The typical 9-5 desk job.)
  • Adriaedwards
    Options
    I love vitamin water, not a fan of the vitamin water zero.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Chacaruso, that's a bold claim and should be backed up by scientific evidence before you go spouting such things.

I agree that massive amounts of nutrasweet will kill rats or cause cancer in them. But, that actually happens to rats fairly often when that's ALL that they are fed.
    Decent studies showing adverse effects of artificial sweeteners are usually done on rats, and involve the equivalent of you ingesting pounds of this sweetener PER DAY.

The "core of our society's health problems" is probably somewhere else. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it has much less to do with artificial sweeteners than our culture of overeating and not moving for several hours a day. (The typical 9-5 desk job.)

Both Diet Soda and Crystal Light have additives in them. You would have to drink literally a ton of either to suffer from them.

I love my diet soda. It's better than being addicted to many other things lol
  • andreadawn1012
    andreadawn1012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like the flavored waters from Walmart as well! I typically get one while I'm at work (since I work IN Walmart) lol!
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Both Diet Soda and Crystal Light have additives in them. You would have to drink literally a ton of either to suffer from them.

Agreed. That was the point I was trying to make.
  • jennylynn84
    Options

I love my diet soda. It's better than being addicted to many other things lol

Agreed. When you find out how much the rats got its ridiculous. I blame fast food, sedentary lifestyle and confusion or ignorance about "helping" vs. "serving" size.

Another good non-soda though is Sobe lifewater zero. I'm not sure if it has additives in it because I don't watch that, but it's kind of like vitamin water. The apple/pear flavor is AWESOME.

Edit: And when I say fast food, I don't mean the companies themselves. I mean people's willingness to eat the heck out of it daily. Sorry. Had to add. I'm not a company-blamer.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I love the Lipton Diet Citrus Green Tea. There are other green/white diet tea flavors too (raspberry/white tea is a good one). They also make them in the powdered form you pour into a water bottle. They are my go-to drinks, although I generally only drink them on weekends, one each Saturday and Sunday. I keep the powdered packets in my office to use once or twice a week.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    The Aquafina 10cal Vitamin waters are super good! I am absolutely in love with the tropical cherimoya flavour =)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Crystal light is just as dangerous as diet soda. Has nutra sweet. Artificial sweeteners is at the core of our societies health problems.

Not all Crystal Light is like that. There are some with real sugar in it, and it is really low in sugar. The packages that I buy have sugar, but are still only 15 total calories which, IMHO, is much better than artificial sweeteners found in diet drinks. It has less sugar than fruit juices, too.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    This is my third day without pop! I drink one serving of the vitamin water daily!!!