Belly Fat

Options
I have lost 11lbs so far and I am very proud of the changes I see in body...minus one area. I see very little change in my tummy area and the tape measure doesn't lie. I am losing inches everywhere else but have a very minimal loss there. I know people lose weight/fat differently so maybe my belly will be the last to go. I have had two C-sections and I am concerned that my muscles and tummy are just never going to be the same. That being said I am going to try everything to fix that.

I would love some ideas on foods or exercises that are good for improving the belly area.

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    there aren't any. there's no magic way to target fat loss.

heavy lifting, a workable calorie deficit, and patience... and even then, your belly may not be what you expect.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I have had two c-sections and my belly is my biggest problem area. I have upped my exercise recently to include a bit of strength and I have in 1 month lost 1 inch off my belly and a half an inch everywhere else, even though the scales say I've lost nothing lol. Maybe give some strength a try, You Tube do some great ones and see how you go. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    there aren't any. there's no magic way to target fat loss.

heavy lifting, a workable calorie deficit, and patience... and even then, your belly may not be what you expect.

this!
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a topic that a friend on here made >> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

All you need to know about losing belly fat right there.

Also, from my own experience...it's the last place to go on a lot of people. My belly fat didn't drop until i had lost around 35lbs. It takes a long time but it's worth the wait :)
  • hannaawh
    hannaawh Posts: 51
    Options
    I have the exact same problem! My tummy is aaalways there, no matter how much I weight. Though it will definitely get smaller the more you lose, it just might take some time! And if nothing helps, work the areas your body actually responds to! Nobody will notice a little tummy when you show off your super toned legs or whatever ;)
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a topic that a friend on here made >> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

All you need to know about losing belly fat right there.

Also, from my own experience...it's the last place to go on a lot of people. My belly fat didn't drop until i had lost around 35lbs. It takes a long time but it's worth the wait :)

Exactly. It's the last place to go because it is the place where most people have the most fat. I've virtually eliminated fat from every other part of my body but I still have about 10-15 extra pounds of gut. Just have to keep working and keep the calorie deficit up.