fit bit?

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
I have the opportunity to get one brand new for 70$, should I? I already have a Polar HRM....

Replies

• jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yes, if that's for the Flex or the One. No if it's for the Zip.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If you want the features of the fit bit then yes. As Jim said the flex or one they are good to gain an understanding of your sleeping habits. The Fitbit is great for estimating steps and step rate (intensity). 2014 will be a year of many new releases for fit bands, so don't expect the fit bit to hold value though.
  • X_littlemiss_X
    Options
    for the one yes. the flex or zip no. The flex band overestimates as its on your hand. If you do some googling you will see its no where near as accutate as the one
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like the One and if someone asked which model they should buy, that is the model I'd suggest. That isn't what I was talking about above, though. $70 is a good price for the One or the Flex, and about $20 too high for the Zip.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

Activity trackers show you your TDEE (way more accurately than any online calculator) and inspire you to move more. What's not to like?
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I like my flex. Has synced to MFP since Christmas, gives me extra calories each day and I have successfully maintained with it so it cannot be too inaccurate.
  • Wolfena
    Options
    Cool, thanks... Didn't know there were different ones!
  • Wolfena
    Options
    Its a fit bit one, guess I'll go for it (& the person selling it agreed to 50$!) ????
  • tanfit4life
    tanfit4life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love the fitbit one